New Friend
TRINITY707

LG 47" LCD TELEVISION

I purchased a 47" LG LCD television last July as a birthday present to myself. I watched numerous presentations, then decided to make the purchase. I did not however purchase an extended warranty. My television has stopped working . I called HSN because I had thought it had a 2 year warranty because they often offer special extended warranties in some configurations, but as I said earlier, the warranty had in fact expired.
I called the 800 number for LG. I am sure they were not located within the US. It sounded as if they were reading from a script, and gave me pat answeres regardless of my question.

I was given a number for an authorized repair shop. I paid $105 for the repairman to tell me within 5 seconds that it was the power supply unit. I asked how could he be sure in such a short time. He indicated that this was common with this company. He showed me bubbbles or burps showing where it had in fact "burned" out.He said it was a defect in the tv.

It will cost me over $500 to repair this tv when I paid a $1,300.

I tried to read a review to see if others who purchased this tv have experienced the same problem, but found that none had been written. I found that strange. When I tried to write a review to warn others, I learned that I was unable to do so because you can only write a review within 6 months of the purchase.

Has anyone else purchased this model television? Has anyone else experienced problems with their tv? I don't have money to waste. I don't want to add another $500 to an ongoing problem. Nor can I afford to just throw the tv out considering what I have already paid.

Any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
New Friend
shlbrnsn

RE: LG 47" LCD TELEVISION

I also ordered a 32 in. lifestyle brand flat screen from them and the same thing happened> They are aware of this problem at hsn. They are hurting themselves now... It will not pay for them to run a business this way! I am a loyal qvc shopper now! They have great customer relations and I spend at least 500.00 a month with them, I hope whoever is making decisions about how they treat there customers will wise up before its too late.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
TRINITY707

One of the final issues for me with HSN is that after a time, I was able to speak with one of the supervisors in the Customer Service department about my concern of having been sold a defective item. He sounded so understanding, and told me that he was truly sorry for my inconvenience, and would credit one of the flex paymments back. That was on 8/8/09. To date, I have not seen the credit.

I feel used and violated, and definitely have a different opinion of HSN, with regard to the quality of their products, and their concern and care for their customers.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
TRINITY707

I want to share that I recently received an email from HSN regarding my problem with the defective television I had previously purchased. I had been told on 8/8/09 that I would receive credit of one of the flex payments. I was concerned because of the delay. I want to say that I have received the credit of $279 from HSN, and that they did keep their word about the refund. :-({|= :-({|=
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.