hello2010 | New Friend | 09.12.2011 3:30 AM

I bought the Nextbook 7 and think it's great. I'd like to buy more for my grandchildren - ages 6-9 - for Christmas (hopefully HSN will get more in). I love some of the reading and math apps they have for children. And they all love to play games. They'd also be able to have ebooks and their music all in one place.

My concern though is that I don't want them to be able to connect to wifi by themselves. Neither I nor their parents want them to be on the Internet by themselves. Does anyone know if there is a way to password protect the wifi (or maybe Explorer) so they can't connect to the Internet? Parents would still want to be able to connect to wifi.

Or is there an app that can do this?

Thanks.

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
lucyvanpelt88 | Admirer 3 | 10.03.2011 1:32 AM
I don't have a Netbook 7 so I'm really going out on a limb here - just trying to help. On most devices, they have a settings or network option that will have a feature than will allow you to either enable or disable Wifi.

With some of these apps, Wifi is required but will prompt you to connect if indeed Wifi is disabled. Hope this helps.
Beebush | Admirer 3 | 10.02.2011 11:35 PM
If you password protect your router, they won't be able to get on the internet without the password.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
New Friend
hello2010

Is there a way to block wifi?

I bought the Nextbook 7 and think it's great. I'd like to buy more for my grandchildren - ages 6-9 - for Christmas (hopefully HSN will get more in). I love some of the reading and math apps they have for children. And they all love to play games. They'd also be able to have ebooks and their music all in one place.

My concern though is that I don't want them to be able to connect to wifi by themselves. Neither I nor their parents want them to be on the Internet by themselves. Does anyone know if there is a way to password protect the wifi (or maybe Explorer) so they can't connect to the Internet? Parents would still want to be able to connect to wifi.

Or is there an app that can do this?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Beebush

RE: Is there a way to block wifi?

If you password protect your router, they won't be able to get on the internet without the password.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
lucyvanpelt88

RE: Is there a way to block wifi?

I don't have a Netbook 7 so I'm really going out on a limb here - just trying to help. On most devices, they have a settings or network option that will have a feature than will allow you to either enable or disable Wifi.

With some of these apps, Wifi is required but will prompt you to connect if indeed Wifi is disabled. Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
2 Replies
09.12.2011 3:30 AM
0 Smiles
3 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...