Admirer
Guss

Gateway Computers

I have noticed a steep decline in customer satisfaction of Gateway Computers since Acer bought Gateway. It appears that US based Customer Support for Gateway has been outsourced to another country. The reviews for Gateway Support are not the stellar reviews they once were. I have purchased 3 Gateway computers from HSN back in the day before Gateway was purchased by Acer and was 100% satisfied with the Gateway Brand and the US based Gateway Tech Support. So satisfied that other members of my family purchased Gateway computers. I need to purchase a 17" Laptop and a Desk Top for my new office; but I hesitate to purchase a Gateway because of the apparent decline in quality and customer tech support. Does Acer plan to improve their quality and customer support of their Gateway Brand anytime in the near future?
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Guss

RE: Gateway Computers

I have noticed a steep decline in customer satisfaction of Gateway Computers since Acer bought Gateway. It appears that US based Customer Support for Gateway has been outsourced to another country. The reviews for Gateway Support are not the stellar reviews they once were. I have purchased 3 Gateway computers from HSN back in the day before Gateway was purchased by Acer and was 100% satisfied with the Gateway Brand and the US based Gateway Tech Support. So satisfied that other members of my family purchased Gateway computers. I need to purchase a 17" Laptop and a Desk Top for my new office; but I hesitate to purchase a Gateway because of the apparent decline in quality and customer tech support. Does Acer plan to improve their quality and customer support of their Gateway Brand anytime in the near future?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
lucyvanpelt88

A few years ago, I made a mistake of buying a Gateway off HSN. Gateway's technical support people, repair people and management are AWFUL. I will NEVER buy another Gateway nor an Acer now since they own it. If you buy a Gateway, you better hope you do not see the day where it stops working and you have to send it in for repairs. You will get nowhere except out of money.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Guss

What brand are you buying now. My daughter switched to Dell and seems well satisfied. My other daughters tell me to consider a MAC.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
jeannellen

I always purchased IBM computers. They are true workhorses. My desktop is 12 years old and still going strong. Can't /k/i/l/l/ an IBM!!!! After IBM sold their PC division to Lenovo, I decided to go with Toshiba. I have two Toshiba laptops and just love them. Knock on wood I haven't had one problem. When I first purchased them, I did have questions. Each time I contacted Toshiba, the customer rep was polite, helpful, and, most importantly, spoke English. Would not hesitate to purchase another Toshiba.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
lucyvanpelt88

I currently have a Sony Vaio desktop and laptop - love them! I bought my Sony last year. The next 1 I buy will be a MAC. You don't have to worry about constantly updates to the OS and virus.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Redhead175

I bought a Dell desktop in 2002 and it was great! No problems. Needed to replace an ancient laptop (KDS 2001) & bought a HP Sept 2008. Dell couldn't match it in price. As Dell couldn't match price when I bought a desktop replacement Nov 2008 & a 2nd desktop in Jul 2009 (to keep the peace). HTH!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Potatomom

I currently have a Sony Vaio desktop and laptop - love them! I bought my Sony last year. The next 1 I buy will be a MAC. You don't have to worry about constantly updates to the OS and virus.

You still have to update Macs, and they do get viruses. Virus wise, the little jerks that love to write the destructive things, want to do as much damage as they can, so since most people have a PC, they write their viruses for the PC. I have had a Mac get a virus, as have a lot of people.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
mechanical

mac are way much powerfull computers they do get viruses but its amsot impossible the change of getting a virsus is 1/10 for pc 7/10. only people who download or view internet unknown stuff on a mac that how you get virus.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
dudeshere

Will only buy a Dell
had HP, Gateway, went to Dell and am very happy.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.