New Friend
GeeQue

Garmin Nuvi 1350 or is it a 1350T?

Hello, I just wanted to clear up some confusion. Yes it is a 1350T box and the unit says 1350 on it but the thing that makes it 1350T is the cigarette lighter charger that has an fm receiver on it that picks up on the traffic signal. It has a small chewing gum pack sized box on the charger itself near the end of the cord with a small hole on it. This receiver picks up the fm signal and gets the traffic function working as well as the lane assist. Now that said on mine the lane assist and Traffic updates do not work anywhere in NM. So on the page where HSN is displaying the Garmin 1350T it has a Traffic coverage map and most of the nation is not covered. Check for yourself. Also on the webpage where you register the garmin it does say the unit is a 1350T.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Sherylynn

RE: Garmin Nuvi 1350 or is it a 1350T?

Thanks for the info GeeQue. I also saw something similar when I looked up the same unit on Amazon.com. There's a little note in the description that states that the Model number on the box is 1350T because the traffic receiver is included; however, the model number on the device itself is 1350 as the "T" in 1350T refers to the additional component. That doesn't explain it as well as you did though. Thanks again!
Please use plain text.
Admirer
NICKIML

Hello, I just wanted to clear up some confusion. Yes it is a 1350T box and the unit says 1350 on it but the thing that makes it 1350T is the cigarette lighter charger that has an fm receiver on it that picks up on the traffic signal. It has a small chewing gum pack sized box on the charger itself near the end of the cord with a small hole on it. This receiver picks up the fm signal and gets the traffic function working as well as the lane assist. Now that said on mine the lane assist and Traffic updates do not work anywhere in NM. So on the page where HSN is displaying the Garmin 1350T it has a Traffic coverage map and most of the nation is not covered. Check for yourself. Also on the webpage where you register the garmin it does say the unit is a 1350T.

Thank you so much for the clarification. I was just about to post asking if I got the right GPS (1350T).

How did you find out that the cigarette charger has the fm receiver on the 1350T?

Is it true that the lane assist only works on highways and not city driving?
Please use plain text.
Admirer
NICKIML

bump....

How did you find out that the cigarette charger has the fm receiver on the 1350T?

Is it true that the lane assist only works on highways and not city traffic?

Anyone use the Navmat II?

I haven't used the GPS on the road because I want to get my car washed so it will be nice and clean when I attach the nav mat.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Orly

I used a very popular search engine and put in garmin nuvi 1350 vs 1350T and read up on that then I did another search in which I put garmin nuvi 1350T reviews and read up on that.
I cannot attest to the lane assist as I stated in my original post neither the traffic update feature nor lane assist work here in NM. The traffic feature only works in select cities and is not everywhere. I am guessing the lane assist is not everywhere also.
Have not used the NavMatll. Used the window attachment.
Enjoy your clean car and gps out on the road.... Be safe.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
NICKIML

Thanks, Orly. I plan to get my car washed this week. I haven't used the GPS, yet. How do you like it?

Nicki
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.