New Friend
alro

Digital Lifestyles HDTV

Anyone have a problem with their Flat screen HDTV made by digital lifestyles. I have had one for almost a year and now it has started to act up. The picure turns green off and on. Sadly to say, I did not buy an extended warranty and no one locally has heard of the darn thing. Help!
Please use plain text.
New Friend
dustin2k6

RE: Digital Lifestyles HDTV

What output are you using hdmi ?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
DottieK

Anyone have a problem with their Flat screen HDTV made by digital lifestyles. I have had one for almost a year and now it has started to act up. The picure turns green off and on. Sadly to say, I did not buy an extended warranty and no one locally has heard of the darn thing. Help!

That's what scares me about my flatscreen I bought on HSN. It's Westinghouse 32". I've had it on all day every day for 2 months I've been off of work. I keep wondering if anything will happen to it.

I heard a report on TV that said, "The days of TVs lasting 10 years are over". I believe that. #-o
Please use plain text.
New Friend
SUZYQ123

I HAVE ALREADY TYPE THIS REPLY FOUR TIMES NOW. I WILL NOT GET TIRED OF WRITING. I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO. I PURCHASED A DIGITAL LIFESTYLES TV FROM HOME SHOPPING NETWORK FOR $1299.00 PLUS SHIPPING AND TAX AND THE EXTENDED WARRENTY. MY PURCHASE DATE WAS MARCH 6, 2008.. THE TV QIUT WORKING NOVEMBER 16, 2008. I CALLED CORIAN DIGITAL LIFESTYLES NOT ONE TIME BUT ABOUT 12 TIMES. I HAVE SPOKE WITH LEON, JENUE, SAMUEL, ASHLEY, LOUIS, KEN, AUSTIN, TODD, SO ON. ANYWAY THEY SAID I HAD TO MAIL THIS TV BACK TO THEM. I REPORTED THEM TO THE BBB. THEY GAVE THE REBUTTAL THAT ALL THEIR REPRESENTITIVES KNEW ME AS THE LOAD WOMEN. NEEDLESS TO SAY PURCHASING A TV THAT COST THIS MUCH WOULD CAUSE YOU TO GET LOAD. I ASK FOR MY MONEY BACK. THEY SAID THEY COULD NOT GIVE MY MONEY BACK. I COULDN'T GET ANY REPAIRS TIL I MAILED THE TV BACK TO THEM. I CALL HOME SHOPPING NETWORK AND TOLD THEM ABOUT THE TV. I TOLD THEM I HAVE THREE FRACTURED VERTERBRA IN MY BACK AND THIER REPRESENTITIVE TOLD ME I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BEFORE I PURCHASED A TV I COULD NOT HANDLE. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF SUCH CUSTOMER CONCERN BEFORE. IT IS NOW DECEMBER THE 16TH AND I HAVE YET TO GET ANY RESULTS FROM CORIAN DIGITAL LIFESTYLES, THE EXTENDED WARRENTY OR HOME SHOPPING NETWORK.. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM HSN. HSN ALSO SAID ONLY 1% OF US HAD HAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS TV. I TOLD HER SO WE' ARE NOT WORTH BEING SATISFIED. IF ONLY 1% OF US HOLLOR LOAD ENOUGH WE'LL BE HEARD. I FINALLY GOT A CALL FROM A ELECTRONICS REPAIR SERVICE OUT OF MISSISSPI. I LIVE IN ALABAMA, ANYWAY THEY SENT A REPAIR BILL TO DIGITAL LIFESTYLES ON DECEMBER 11,2008. THEY HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM THEM YET. I AM WAITING.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
nakia

WOW SuzyQ - It sounds like a modern day nightmare - I am very sorry you have had to go through all that you have and hope this can be quickly resolved to your satisfaction. I do not understand the response to the BBB - what has you being load got to do with your TV not working?
Please use plain text.
New Friend
SUZYQ123

:-s I REALLY DO NOT KNOW. IT IS NOW DECEMBER THE 20 AND STILL NO REPLY FROM THE MANUFACTURE OR THE EXTENDED WARRANTY. THE MAN AT PRECISION ELECTRONICS OUT OF MISSISSIPPI SAID HE SENT THEM A PRICE TO COME OUT AND FIX IT OR WHAT EVER, BUT HAVE HEARD NOTHING ELSE FROM EITHER ONE. I HAVE UNTIL MARCH 8, 2009 ON THE ORIGINAL WARRENTY AND UNTUL MARCH 8, 2011 ON THE EXTENDED WARRENTY. NEITHER ONE OF THEM IS DOING ME ANY GOOD. THE REASON THEIR MAD IS BECAUSE A PUT A SPOT LIGHT ON THE WAY THEY ARE SOING CUSTOMERS. THESE TV'S ARE NOT ANY GOOD. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE. :-({|=
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
talos4

I am sorry that you are having this kind of problem with your TV. However, as I have said many times before- NEVER BUY A TV OR HIGH END ELECTRONICS ITEM FROM A SHOPPING CHANNEL!

Only buy it locally from a Best Buy or other retailer. The reasons are obvious and easy to see. When you buy an expensive item like that from HSN, you are dealing with a third party vendor (HSN) who has NO interest in making you happy. As long as their product is bought and out of their warehouse, that is that. That is all they care about.

I mean, really, does ANYONE have a good story to tell of HSN's extended warranty reliability here? I have yet to see one.
When something that expensive like that goes out, the person who suffers is YOU, because YOU have to pay for the return shipping, and YOU have to deal with uncaring salespeople at HSN and their vendor (Digital Lifestyles) to get the problem fixed, and that is not an easy thing to do. The hassle, the weeks of delays, the hidden and high costs that YOU have to deal with are NOT told to YOU when you buy their electronics or TSV electronics items.

I try to tell people as often as I can- BUY LOCALLY! It is easier, cheaper, and with FAR LESS hassles in the long run. I don't care what HSN or QVC personality tells you while on the air, they all make exaggerated claims on the air. Why do they do this?
THEY HAVE TO MAKE A SALE!

They need to make sales to stay on the air and to get their sales commissions, and that means too many fall prey to their bad business practices and tactics.
Buy locally from retailers near your home. You'll be happier that you did.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Marg2004

Talos, a lot of peole have had great experiences with HSN. It seems as if you haven't. they wouldn't be in business if everyone who bought something complained like you and took everything back. Sounds to me like they're doing something right.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
andora6

I wrote about the TV long ago, same problem. But they removed my review when it came out again.
Take them to small claims court. It's worth it.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jjragdoll

I bought this tv based on the reviews online. I've had it for about 3 months. I love it. I just cross my fingers that I dont have problems. I agree, buying localling makes MORE SENSE ... if you can find online reviews before you buy.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.