Admirer
LJ88

RE: Coby Tablet

Is anyone else having problems with Appslib. I've been getting the message: has stopped unexpectedly. then it f/c. I called coby @ 877 302 2629 and should receive a call back. I have also been unable to download software from anywhere else. I love the tablet but may send back if the downloading apps issue can not be fixed.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
tipstir

I've fixed some of the issue myself and would share to you all here. the APPLIB can be fixed you need to uninstall it and apply my fix. That gives you a file manager which doesn't come with this unit. If you go an type "Coby Kyros Internet Tablet MID7005-4G" under google that's me on the first link. KYROS Fix available. Starting to get a lot KYROS users with the same issue. I have only one video on youtube showing the device in action. Hands one video coming out soon. The home screen needed to be fix. My major issue with this unit is that lacking apps and everything is too huge font and icon wise.

Under Settings, Applications there is Unknown Sources you need to check that off. Otherwise you can't install other apps. Once you do that you can install other apps. Market is not on this tablet and neither is apps needed to use with this tablet. I've hooked my up to HDTV @ 720p so far that worked. But if apps need to rotate it's not going to look good on your HDTV. No HDMI sound and you have to change the output otherwise you'll get no video on the tablet screen.

I this about 1 week today. After owning Flytouch ePAD, AuGen Gentouch 78, two Pandigital Novel White and now Coby KYROS. KYROS is heavy like the Novel because of the metal case and glass touch layer Novel is plastic case can crack it also has glass layer.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
yankey

lthelady,

:d/ That's wonderful! I just got off the phone with them and was going to leave you a message.:smileyhappy: It took 4 different phone numbers but hey, it works! I'd set the tablet on HDMI instead of none. Figured I'd be all ready for when I hooked it up to TV. Kate Carter said to set it to HDMI when you were going to watch something on TV. She also said that the Coby web site is going to post this video question on their FAQ and will do a top question of the day, daily. Also, Kate said she figured this video question out herself.

You're right, about the apps. I see Tipster has posted on here and he has a very good site with a lot of info and he has other apps on this tablet. He tells you how to do it but this is a learning curve for me!

Yankey
Thanks for your info. Finally talked to Coby rep today was told something. Was given another number to call to return it.They gave me another to call.
Was told to go to Sound & display setting.Tap Output Select check none. Bingo!!!!
I now have video. I hope if anyone else is having same problem will see this so they won't send it back if they really don't have to. Another thing I don't understand Coby rep saying about the apps when some people are saying they have downloaded Amazon for Kindle and other apps that are not in the AppsLib. Iam hoping that they will tells how to do it.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
123s

I was told by customer service at Coby 2629 number that since I could not download any apps from Appslib and it gave the message forced close that the tablet would have to be replaced and the rep told me to call 1-800-227-7491 for replacement.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
LJ88

tipstir, HELP. i down loaded PdaNetA245.exe and it ask what program do i want to use to open?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
lthelady

Thanks yankey
That's a good idea for Coby to put that up on the website. I been following Tipster also, but I don't think I know how to do the downloads he is talking about. That is a Big learning curve for me.](*,)
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Hotvee2010

This just happened to me last night - cut it off and it will not come back on - held down start up button and nothing. Green light is on. Charged it up last night. What's going on? Anyone else had this problem? Thanks
[-(
Please use plain text.
Admirer
jojo400

Want to thank everyone that has posted on the Colby Tablet. I received my tablet and decided that it wasn't worth taking out of the box. With that said I found by searching that Blackberry will have a tablet out by the end of the year so will probably go for the Blackberry since I have a Blackberry phone and seems easy to navigate and apps.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Cobyhelp

I just talked with a Coby teck rep who said if the video isn't working the unit needs replaced. Have you found any other YouTube app or checked out the video using something else? Does anyone else know?

If you have audio but not video when trying to watch YouTube videos or other videos on the player, you need to change the Output. Under Settings, choose Sound & Display. Under Sound and Display Choose Output. Change Output setting to None.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Cobyhelp

Is anyone else having problems with Appslib. I've been getting the message: has stopped unexpectedly. then it f/c. I called coby @ 877 302 2629 and should receive a call back. I have also been unable to download software from anywhere else. I love the tablet but may send back if the downloading apps issue can not be fixed.
If receiving and error message when trying to donwload from AppsLib and being forced out. 1. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKED UP ANY DATA ON AN EXTERNAL SOURCE BEFORE BEGINNING 2. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR SSID# AND WEP KEY PRIOR TO STARTING. IF NOT PLEASE CONTACT YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER BEFORE BEGINNING.
3. Go to Settings
4. Go to Privacy
5. Go to Factory Data Reset
6. Reset Data
7. This will take some time and unit will re-boot.
8. It will then instruct you to Calibrate Screen 9. Calibrate the screen by touching each X that appears on screen, until screen confirms calibration 10. Go to Settings 11. Go to Wireless and Networks 12. Set up WIFI (you will need your SSD# and password) 13. Go to Applications 14. In Applications the UNKNOWN SOURCES box must be checked 15. Go AppsLib to download 16. Install Apps
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.