shellie1 | Admirer 2 | 04.24.2011 12:39 PM
I wasn't interested in the phone until they showed them going on the internet, searching the web. For this price I know it's not a full smart phone, but I like that option, even if doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the expensive smart phones. Of course, they don't say whether or not there is an additional fee to have internet access,or how much it costs. Does anyone know? They kept saying there are "no surprises" with this prepaid deal. I'm going back to Trackphone's site, so far I haven't found this info.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
LEATHER | Inspirer 1 | 07.14.2011 5:19 PM
I love mine but I use it as a phone. I dont text and if I want to be on the web I use my computer. So I have no complaints, Im glad Im rid of my monthly verigzon bill and for my use this is perfect.
KERIGA | Inspirer 1 | 07.13.2011 7:33 AM

Web browsing is possible on the LG800g, so you're able to access the mobile versions of familiar Internet sites including CNN, The Weather Channel, etc.

This is based on my two weeks of using the LG800g with pre-paid TracFone service. The browser is slow; afterall it's not a full-function, high-sp~eed computer. I had trouble DL-ing apps; some very slow and others wouldn't DL at all, even after waiting five minutes. One of the worst, ironically, was TracFone's site, from which I attempted to DL a ringtone. I gave up after seven minutes of looking at that infernal circle swirl round and round without the desired results. If you're not patient, then this isn't the phone for you.

More importantly - while it's a great basic smartphone, the LG800g has some serious SMS compatibility issues with the TracFone network. After two or three weeks, the phone spams you with hundreds of text messages. There's no way to stop this, short of removing the battery or throwing the phone down the garbage disposal. Quite possibly the LG800g works well with other carriers, but NOT with TracFone, so I'm returning mine and awaiting the replacement handset, a Motorola EX124g. I hope its features are comparable and that I'll love it as much as I did the LG800g. (See my previous post regarding this issue.)

velrobby | Admirer 2 | 07.10.2011 3:56 AM
As far as the LG800 TS, I love it so far. I don't use this tracfone to check my voicemails though. I just call my tracfone number from a landline phone then as soon as the voicemail message starts I press the * key on my landline and then enter my pin number that I chose when setting up the tracfone voicemail. No minutes used from the tracfone by doing it this way. I just wish that i could veiw the incoming phone call numbers without having to waste my minutes for an unknown phone number.
PhllyGirl | Admirer 2 | 07.08.2011 2:44 AM
The problem with tracfone is that your minutes are used for every operation of the phone. You open a text message and your minutes are deducted, you download a ringtone and your minutes are deducted, you make/answer calls your minutes are deducted, you listen to voicemail and your minutes are deducted. I would not recommend a tracfone for anyone wanting to text or surf the web. I do not agree that this phone is for those that talk less than 300 minutes, however at a point the savings go away with the more the phone is used. Anyone considering a tracfone should get a double minute phone.

My mom currently has a tracfone and since I introduced her to a new tablet she's itching to join the rest of the family in sending texts. I got her the lg virgin mobile prepaid and she's excited.
justchecking | Admirer 3 | 07.08.2011 1:34 AM
I haven't activated my TSV tracphone yet, so I still have a question. Are you able to access the internet from it or not?
Ankah | New Friend | 07.07.2011 10:48 PM
In addition to Tracphone internet issues, in searching for accessories for tracphone models with coverage in my home town could I find accessories for those model numbers or this LG800. Did read one comment that one phone was the same as an LG Sprint pnone.. Anyone else researched this issue???
seacitylady | Admirer 3 | 04.24.2011 11:05 PM
In order to access the Internet you need to have a data plan & Tracphone does not offer one. Access is pretty much limited to downloading ring tones & wallpaper. Do not think this is what you are looking for. This is a very basic phone but serviceable phone for people who use 300 minutes a month, or less airtime. You can use it to text if you have the patience & manual dexterity to work with the tiny keys. I use to use an ATT "Go" Phone & this is much less expensive. (ATT is $.25 a minute & this one is around $.08 as minutes double.)Phone was an el-cheapo Motorola but the LG actually has more features. Has a camera & can send pictures but no way to download them to your PC. Have had no problems with dropped calls or any service issues. In my area Tracphone uses ATT & T-Mobile to transmit their signals so essentially getting same service level @ a cheaper price. There are no-contract providers that offer data plans. However, they are much pricier both for the cost of the service & the phone. (eg I think Virgin Mobile offers an "unlimited" plan for around $80.) I got this phone when it was on a TSV price &, for my needs was a good deal.
shellie1 | Admirer 2 | 04.24.2011 11:03 PM
I read too many complaints about Tracfone, I cancelled the order
woolie | Regular Visitor | 04.24.2011 5:42 PM
No good
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 2
shellie1

Anyone know about accessing internet on Tracphone LG800g?

I wasn't interested in the phone until they showed them going on the internet, searching the web. For this price I know it's not a full smart phone, but I like that option, even if doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the expensive smart phones. Of course, they don't say whether or not there is an additional fee to have internet access,or how much it costs. Does anyone know? They kept saying there are "no surprises" with this prepaid deal. I'm going back to Trackphone's site, so far I haven't found this info.
Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
woolie

RE: Anyone know about accessing internet on Tracphone LG800g?

No good
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
shellie1

I read too many complaints about Tracfone, I cancelled the order
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
seacitylady

In order to access the Internet you need to have a data plan & Tracphone does not offer one. Access is pretty much limited to downloading ring tones & wallpaper. Do not think this is what you are looking for. This is a very basic phone but serviceable phone for people who use 300 minutes a month, or less airtime. You can use it to text if you have the patience & manual dexterity to work with the tiny keys. I use to use an ATT "Go" Phone & this is much less expensive. (ATT is $.25 a minute & this one is around $.08 as minutes double.)Phone was an el-cheapo Motorola but the LG actually has more features. Has a camera & can send pictures but no way to download them to your PC. Have had no problems with dropped calls or any service issues. In my area Tracphone uses ATT & T-Mobile to transmit their signals so essentially getting same service level @ a cheaper price. There are no-contract providers that offer data plans. However, they are much pricier both for the cost of the service & the phone. (eg I think Virgin Mobile offers an "unlimited" plan for around $80.) I got this phone when it was on a TSV price &, for my needs was a good deal.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Ankah

In addition to Tracphone internet issues, in searching for accessories for tracphone models with coverage in my home town could I find accessories for those model numbers or this LG800. Did read one comment that one phone was the same as an LG Sprint pnone.. Anyone else researched this issue???
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
justchecking

I haven't activated my TSV tracphone yet, so I still have a question. Are you able to access the internet from it or not?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
PhllyGirl

The problem with tracfone is that your minutes are used for every operation of the phone. You open a text message and your minutes are deducted, you download a ringtone and your minutes are deducted, you make/answer calls your minutes are deducted, you listen to voicemail and your minutes are deducted. I would not recommend a tracfone for anyone wanting to text or surf the web. I do not agree that this phone is for those that talk less than 300 minutes, however at a point the savings go away with the more the phone is used. Anyone considering a tracfone should get a double minute phone.

My mom currently has a tracfone and since I introduced her to a new tablet she's itching to join the rest of the family in sending texts. I got her the lg virgin mobile prepaid and she's excited.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
velrobby

As far as the LG800 TS, I love it so far. I don't use this tracfone to check my voicemails though. I just call my tracfone number from a landline phone then as soon as the voicemail message starts I press the * key on my landline and then enter my pin number that I chose when setting up the tracfone voicemail. No minutes used from the tracfone by doing it this way. I just wish that i could veiw the incoming phone call numbers without having to waste my minutes for an unknown phone number.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
KERIGA

Web browsing is possible on the LG800g, so you're able to access the mobile versions of familiar Internet sites including CNN, The Weather Channel, etc.

This is based on my two weeks of using the LG800g with pre-paid TracFone service. The browser is slow; afterall it's not a full-function, high-sp~eed computer. I had trouble DL-ing apps; some very slow and others wouldn't DL at all, even after waiting five minutes. One of the worst, ironically, was TracFone's site, from which I attempted to DL a ringtone. I gave up after seven minutes of looking at that infernal circle swirl round and round without the desired results. If you're not patient, then this isn't the phone for you.

More importantly - while it's a great basic smartphone, the LG800g has some serious SMS compatibility issues with the TracFone network. After two or three weeks, the phone spams you with hundreds of text messages. There's no way to stop this, short of removing the battery or throwing the phone down the garbage disposal. Quite possibly the LG800g works well with other carriers, but NOT with TracFone, so I'm returning mine and awaiting the replacement handset, a Motorola EX124g. I hope its features are comparable and that I'll love it as much as I did the LG800g. (See my previous post regarding this issue.)

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
LEATHER

I love mine but I use it as a phone. I dont text and if I want to be on the web I use my computer. So I have no complaints, Im glad Im rid of my monthly verigzon bill and for my use this is perfect.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
9 Replies
04.24.2011 12:39 PM
0 Smiles
9 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...