New Friend
dojkaemily

Adding Apps for Nextbook?????

HELP!!!! I have the nextbook and I am wondering how I can install a good calendar app. I have tried various places without luck. Including the one on the nextbook already. I feel I may have made a poor purchase, but I have to admit that I do read with it every night!! But I would really REALLY LOVE to have a working calendar app where I can input dates, contacts, etc....and ideas???](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
ShopperOnline

RE: Adding Apps for Nextbook?????

Try installing "Slide Me" or check out the apps at "Android Freeware". I've been able to install apps on mine from both places.

The calendar app in the market on the Nextbook was fine for me, since I mainly use the calendar app on my phone.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
dojkaemily

I am not that tech savy Im afraid. I did try the android free ware site and attempted to upload a calendar app, but was unable to do so correctly. What is the calendar app on the nextbook called. I searched, but was unable to find one. Do you mind being a bit more specific. I'd rather not return it, as I do use it everyday. I would like to find a planner that I could have on my nextbook because my cell phone is on the fritz! Also I have a REALLY old phone!!! Thanks again for you help. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
ShopperOnline

The calendar I use from the App Store on the Nextbook is called "AnCal". To get to it click on the icon for "AppStore". After it loads and updates click on "Productivity". Then click on "PIMS & Calendars". AnCal is the first calendar in the list.

Hope this helps! ;-)
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
catlady528

Thanks ShopperOnline. I thought the Next was supposed to come with a calendar, but it was not one of the apps. I looked all over for one and finally found something called Diaroid. It's a little buggy though and very basic. This looks like a better alternative.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
KCWB

Is there a cost for the "AnCal"? Have you been able to download it? Have you found it useful? I ordered the Nextbook to use it as a calendar/organizer. I'm anxiously awaiting mine to be delivered next week!
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Darcy249

I am trying to put a calendar or datebook on my Nextbook. I tried to use AnCal. . .it downloaded and the icon for it was on menu page, but it wouldn't open it. . .so now I need to find a calendar I can "easily" put on my Nextbook and can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks! Darcy
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3 MKS Admirer 3
Admirer 3
MKS

Did you go under the Explorer Icon (you will find it in with the App Icons) and open up the app and download it fully to install it? I put it on my NextBook 3 with no problems. I put PacMan on it today. That was under the freewarelovers site you complete the rest of the address as we can't here. Look under Android Apps. Hit download and then click on Click Here as it didn't download by itself.

The only problem I have had lately is I had a few Force Close messages but it was because I didn't swipe the screen like it wanted. No other problems nor my daughter with hers either. Still love mine and would be lost without it now.

I am going to get a better tablet when the right one comes out this year or possibly the iPad 2.The iPad has had the reputation that backs up its products but I think the restocking at the Apple site is wrong. I can buy anything at Wal-Mart and return it in 15 days without a restocking fee. (I used to run the return desk at our local store when it opened in 1993 and the stories I could tell :smileyhappy: All I have to say you wouldn't believe what people return and say they bought like that. Our store was new,when I worked there, and they said they bought it there 6 months before! There wasn't even a Wal-Mart around then here. I thank God I work in a Medical Office where people appreciate you - a completely different environment.

Just post back if you can't get it. Rarely you have to reinstall any Apps on what I did on my NextBook 3. It either works or doesn't and it lets you know it.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
JADE25

I installed Deadlines and really like it. It was free. HTH
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
BosJerseyGirl

I am really new to the Android App thing. Can someone please explain the process a bit? I am not too pleased with what Apps the Nextbook has to offer. My brother has a Droid phone and he tells me of all the neat Apps he gets on it. Are you all saying that you can download an App to you PC and then install it to the Nextbook 3? Once you download it to your PC, do you put it on a memory card to install to the Nextbook? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.