Meezergeezer | Advisor 2 | 10.07.2013 2:39 AM
I have a bunch of regular Tracfone minutes close to 2600 minutes - I thought I read where you couldn't transfer 2600 minutes online to the Centura phone? Is that true? Do I need to go through a service representative to transfer that hunk of minutes...

How did your transfer of minutes go? Hopefully smoothly...

Thanks all :smileyhappy:
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
KERIGA | Inspirer 1 | 10.08.2013 11:54 PM

Milia,

TO REDEEM GOOGLE PLAY $25 CREDIT
1. Log on to the website shown on the card: triple-w(dot)thepromocard(dot) c*o*m/tracfoneHSN (omit those asterisks)
2. Enter the promo code and follow the activation process.

My GOOGLE PLAY $25 Credit card was defective. Be careful with the plastic strip: some are scratch off; some are peel off. My peel off strip took several of the numbers with it and shredded them. I was required to e-mail a picture of the damaged card in order to get a new Promo Code, which they returned via e-mail within 24 hours. I've gotten the replacement but haven't activated it yet.

I hope yours works, Milia.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Edited 10.09.2013 To Add:

Clicked link on return e-mail with new Promo Code. It worked! Balance at GOOGLE Playstore shows $25 in my account.

****************************************************************************************************************************

Milia | New Friend | 10.08.2013 9:22 PM
I need to know how to activate the google play. Using the website given I keep being sent to either tracfone or HSN. I don't know which one to use. Help please.
KERIGA | Inspirer 1 | 10.08.2013 5:57 PM

ArleneHu is absolutely right, Arty01. Despite all these sister companies existing under the umbrella of América Móvil, they operate independently. I believe the term they used was "compander" when referring to the actual software inside the phone. Additionally there are different SIM cards.

When I switched to Net10, I bought the Motorola 376g that was identical to my Verizon Razor. Later when I switched from Net10 to TracFone, I was told that the two systems were incompatible and I had to purchase another phone - again the Motorola 376g - to use on the TracFone system. Externally they were identical, but TracFone said they differed internally. According to TracFone, the handsets are wired/programmed differently for each of the América Móvil companies: TracFone, NET10 Wireless, Straight Talk, SafeLink Wireless, Telcel América, and Simple Mobile. I suspect that all they had to do was send a different SIM card, but why do that when you can sell more phones?

Another thing I've noticed is that depending upon your geographical location, the selection of available handsets varies greatly. ArleneHu said she saw the Samsung Galaxy Centura already, but in my area, there's no mention of it yet on the website.

BTW - TracFone is practically giving away the older models. The reconditioned LG 840G is selling for $19.99; the reconditioned LG 800G is $5.00 on the website. TracFone should implement a Buy-Back Program, enabling customers to recycle these relics and make a couple of dollars in the process. I have a box full of old TracFones and accessories, just sitting here collecting dust.

Verizon didn't buy back old phones, but you could drop them off at retail outlets or return them pre-paid to the company, where they were recycled or reconditioned and distributed to Women's Shelters and other charities. You could claim a tax deduction for your charitable contribution because Verizon verified your donation and gave written proof of valuation.

Good idea, TracFone; think about it. It would be the responsible thing to do, both in terms of conservation and brand management. Right now, TracFone should do anything and everything it can to re-establish and restore its reputation. A pro bono program like that might help offset some of the mountains of negative publicity generated by this Samsung Galaxy Centura snafu.

ArleneHu | Admirer 1 | 10.08.2013 5:23 PM
Arty01, I don’t know if it makes a difference but this phone is now sold on Tracfone’s website and it specifically says that this phone is not compatible with SafeLink service. Of course, it also says Tracfone Airtime Balance Display shows how much airtime you’ve used and how much is left, so I don’t know if that phone is somehow programmed differently than the ones we have.
KERIGA | Inspirer 1 | 10.08.2013 4:33 PM

When I hear these horror stories and the flaming hoops that some of you are being forced to jump through simply to attempt to activate your new Galaxy Centura and transfer your balances, it makes me cringe. It also makes me wonder whether TracFone is trying to pull a bait-and-switch: promise the moon, the sun and the stars, then deliver only dirt. I'm furious and I know many of you are, too.

Someone on another thread called me Keriga The Intrepid TracFone Conquerer, remarking about my tenacity in dealing with TracFone. Part of it is my innate stubbornness. Perhaps it's also my training as a consumer reporter, wherein I'd spend days tracking down some shady company or the person(s) responsible for billing an 80-year-old widow on a modest pension in a 2-bedroom house, $200K for one month's worth of electricity. That sort of thing makes my blood boil.

Chiefly, I blame TracFone for being totally oblivious and completely unprepared for this soft rollout debacle. It's incomprehensible that TracFone's CSRs could be that clueless and incompetent, but TracFone failed miserably to train its personnel properly, adequately and appropriately regarding the process and procedures involved. That's why a significant portion of the 30,000 HSN customers who bought the Galaxy Centura are dissatisfied; many are returning it to because they see that as the only way to escape the nightmare. Failing to plan is planning to fail. As I said previously, it'll be interesting to see what happens when these smartphones become available at retail outlets nationwide in a couple of weeks. Those customers will be porting, activating and converting, but they won't have to deal with the 200 TRIPLE MINUTES BONUS, an HSN-TracFone exclusive.

Arty01, I'm glad you solved part of your problem, but from what you've written, the end still isn't in sight. I was reluctant to say this when you first posted about someone giving you codes for SafeLink Wireless, but here it is: if a TracFone Rep does that, either s/he doesn't know what they're talking about or they're trying to get rid of your call ASAP.

SafeLink Wireless is just one of several companies under the umbrella of América Móvil, Mexico's largest telecommunications company. The others include: TracFone, NET10 Wireless, Straight Talk, SafeLink Wireless, Telcel América, and Simple Mobile. Based in Miami, FL, they operate using the networks of America's largest wireless carriers including: AT&T Mobility, Sprint Corporation, T-Mobile US, and Verizon Wireless.

This is from Wikipedia: SafeLink Wireless provides a free cell phone and a limited number of voice minutes each month for low-income-eligible families (one per family) who do not use Lifeline services offered by any other phone or wireless company. It is funded through the Universal Service Fund, but is only operational in a limited number of states. It is similar to the Lifeline and LinkUp government subsidized service for home telephones. Applications for service may be done via their web page, or by having them fax or mail an application form. No choice of phone handset is provided by the application process. Additional minutes over the free monthly benefit may be purchased. As of May 2011, Safelink Wireless had almost 4,000,000 subscribers, the largest Lifeline cell phone provider in the United States.

What on earth did SafeLink have to do with this? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again:
(1) ALL existing minutes and airtime will transfer from your current phone to the new Galaxy and convert equally into TALK, TEXT and DATA, with NO LOSS whatsoever, including your Service End Date.

(2) The 200 TRIPLE MINUTES BONUS will be added as 600 TALK, 600 TEXTS, 600 DATA plus 90 DAYS added to your Service End Date. To get the BONUS, you'll need the Activation Code/Airtime PIN. You'll find this on your HSN invoice directly below the Tracking # (near the upper right corner of the page.

It shouldn't be this hard. After all, this isn't neurosurgery or astrophysics. Personally, I wouldn't even deal with that clueless cadre of TracFone CSRs. FYI - under new rules, CSRs are supposed to handle your issue within 15 minutes. If they can't, they're supposed to escalate your call to a Supervisor. Tech Support Reps are given 30 minutes to solve problems before escalating the call to their Managers.

If someone attempts to deny, shortchange or undercut even one minute that you're due in this transfer and conversion, bypass them and go directly to a Supervisor. If you encounter additional difficulties during this process, I urge you to contact TracFone's Executive Resolutions Department by completing the complaint form on the website; by e-mail, via online chat or toll-free at: 800-876-5753. There's a way to be politely professional when dealing with them, but aggressively and adamantly insist upon all that is due under terms of the purchase agreement that was conveyed verbally and in on-screen graphics by HSN and verified by a TracFone Rep who was present in HSN's studios answering questions on 09.21.2013.

Based on the claims made verbally in the HSN presentation and the materials enclosed with the Samsung Galaxy Centura, TracFone has a contractual obligation to deliver what was promised. You have a reasonable expectation to see that they fulfill that pledge. Please - DO NOT accept anything less than you were promised, that you paid for and to which you are entitled.

During almost ten years, six different phones, porting my number from Verizon to Net10 and finally TracFone, I've probably invested days of my life talking to dozens of CSRs, Supervisors and Executive Resolutions Department Representatives, but I've always come away with what I intended and usually more as compensation for the aggravation and frustration caused by their incompetence at the outset. It's not quick, it's not easy, but it can be done.

Arty01 | New Friend | 10.08.2013 4:14 PM
Oh...it gets better...

After another live-help request, mentioning the SafeLink issues, I was told...yes...to contact the same SafeLink number.

So I finally called the Tracfone customer service number from the red card. The rep kept (as he was saying) "reading the account" and came to the conclusion that, because the minutes came over from my call this morning, there was nothing he could do with the "text" or "data" matching minutes without re-entering all minutes on top of what I had and suggested I buy a data card separately!! No matter how many times I asked 'why', he kept repeating that same line. I don't know if the person this morning messed up by only entering it under "minutes" only or what happened. So now, I have 2060 "minutes", but am stuck at 1700 "text messages" and 1700 "data". I Guess I'll chalk it up as a loss and move on with life..
Arty01 | New Friend | 10.08.2013 2:39 PM
Thanks, Keriga! I tried calling the same number back this morning, as instructed yesterday. Spent an hour on the phone back and forth with an operator I did not understand. Yet again, she had me enter the codes from the old phone and told me it was closed out (even though I had explained, in detail, that was done during the steps when I called them for help on Friday.) After countless times on hold, she came back and told this wasn't a triple-minute phone and I wasn't entitled to triple-minute benefits...which is not only wrong, but really had nothing to do with getting my ~360 minutes credited back. She even started questioning why I was waiting so long to call and resolve the minute discrepancy (at least that's how I took it....again, difficult to understand.) After another round or two of being placed on hold, she said it was taken care of. Now, I have my "minutes" correct, but she didn't add them to "text" or "data". *Sigh*

Gonna try the Tracfone activation number that came with the phone next and then, if necessary, use the email address given in an earlier post. But, for future reference, if Tracfone says to call SafeLink Wireless with a generic "Reference PIN 151581," don't bother....

I'm not picky when it comes to customer service, but it just amazes me that not one person I've talked to or emailed seems to comprehend the issue! I feel like I'm straighforward in explaining myself to them, but no one on the other end seems to know who to ask, much less that this could be an issue worth following up, returning my call when it's figured out, etc....
KERIGA | Inspirer 1 | 10.08.2013 6:31 AM

Could those of you who have had success in transferring over minutes >1,100 tell me specifically how you did that? I'm seeing more than a few posts of those who, apparently, had a balance exceeding that number on their old phone, but the transferred amount stopped at 1,100. My online request at Tracfone's website gave me a reference PIN and to call "SafeLink Wireless." I did so last week, and the operator had me read back numbers from the old Tracfone and he zeroed out the days/minutes and said the remaining balance would show up. It's still not there, so I did a Live Chat session with a TF operator today...and she ended up reading back the same message I was emailed (call the same SafeLink number and enter the same reference PIN....) But if the old phone is now "zeroed out", am I outta luck now?

Tracfone has a forum that has over a hundred posts with the same problem and a live operator is taking each individual request offline to resolve. But, for some reason, it won't let me register on their forum (it says my email account is already in use, but I never registered, nor have a user name with which to have them reset!)

I'm wondering if I should just give up and be happy with the 1,100 ( and 600 bonus) that I do have...

Arty01, I don't know if the 1,100 threshold is something that is pre-programmed into TracFone's system or whether it's purely coincidental that customers with balances exceeding that amount had trouble via the automated system or online.

Personally, when I tried to port my number from the LG 840g, then activate, transfer and convert 4,270 minutes and a Service End Date of April 2015 via the automated system on September 29th, the system crashed and burned midway through the process. I was in fear of losing minutes, airtime or both as I waited to speak with a CSR. Fortunately, when the CSR answered, she told me that the activation was in process (it was, and completed minutes later while I was talking to her). Everything transferred and converted as it should have. All I had to do in order to complete the process was to read the Activation Code from my HSN invoice to her so that the 200 BONUS MINUTES could be tripled and converted into 600 VOICE, 600 TEXTS and 600 DATA.

Perhaps the automated system is functioning perfectly now or at least better than it was in the first few days. Save yourself the hassle and just call and let a CSR do it for you. One can only hope they're all up to speed and clear about the HSN-TracFone deal, so they know what you paid for and what you're entitled to get.

BTW - here's a Fun Fact about the old deactivated handset: my former Airtime Info and former Service End Date still appear on the deactivated LG840g. The phone still displays the correct date and time, and can still be used as an alarm clock if you keep the battery charged.

As for your saying "I'm wondering if I should just give up and be happy with the 1,100 ( and 600 bonus) that I do have..." ABSOLUTELY NOT! You paid for a new smartphone, plus triple bonus and you shouldn't accept anything less. If anyone tries to deny or undercut or shortchange you in any way at all, you should contact the Executive Resolutions Department ASAP! Good luck, Arty01. I hope all goes well for you. Please let us know the outcome.

Meezergeezer | Advisor 2 | 10.08.2013 2:11 AM
Thank you jr29. So you did your activating online and then if there were issues you emailed the CorpResolution email address?

I might try that - tonight I had to talk to 2 people - the first person was clueless the 2nd person understood and Trac phone activated the phone. Ironic when I did it online they would have given me a lot more minutes 2570 versus 853, but I lost my days...and it wasn't honest. So now I have the correct number of days and hours. Waiting for HSN to give me my 1400 minutes and 365 days.

Can't wait to transfer to the Android.

I am hoping that eventually there were be an app so that you can keep Trac of your minutes and days without logging into Trac Fone....

Thanks jr29 - hope you have a wonderful evening :smileyhappy:
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 10.08.2013 1:16 AM
I would email tracfone at the address I gave above (CorpResolution). They are very prompt in answering and seem really motivated to get things right for you. They should be able to fix your days and minutes as well as any text or data problems you might have. Just be sure to give them all the information on the old and new phones, such as serial numbers, "0" and "30" codes on the "old" phone, number of days/minutes/texts/data you got / should have gotten, etc. As for getting your 600 minutes, texts, and data, that is easy by comparison. I didn't have any trouble with that.

P.S. I actually had zero trouble transferring my days and minutes using the regular automated phone line-- they were 100 percent correct when I did the port from my old phone. The problems arose because I didn't get my matching texts and data. After I got my old texts and data numbers fixed, I got my 600 minutes, texts and data over the phone with no problems.
Meezergeezer | Advisor 2 | 10.08.2013 1:08 AM
I am going to have bunches of fun - prior to getting the Android - I got another LG840 mainly for the minutes - so I have to activate that one and then transfer those minutes over to the new Android - Oh joy oh joy.

I tried to do it online and weird - I have the LG840 with the triple minutes - I have 863.95 minutes and 1093 service days. By the time I was done with the online process - mind you I have not contacted HSN yet - trac fone said they would be transferring 2570 minutes and 929 minutes...so I would lose 164 days service....

My new LG840 is for a year extension and 1400 minutes...

I don't know if I should go ahead and take the 2570 minutes and lose the 164 days and hope that I get the triple minutes when I call HSN and the 365 days...

Or would you call Tracfone to get the correct days and minutes...

Then I have to deal with the Android...the Android does look cool though!!! I've played with it off our WiFi...pretty nice little phone.

I think I might end up calling Trac fone...
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 10.08.2013 12:48 AM
Meezergeezer, I'm afraid there's no foolproof method that I've heard of. I would recommend using the online message if you have 1100 minutes or less. That seems to have worked for a lot of people. Hopefully they worked out the bugs of the the system by now, so you might even be able to use this method even if you have more than 1,100 minutes. Or if you feel lucky, try calling 1 800 876-5753, which is the executive resolution department number ( not the usual customer service number). They seem to know what they're doing most of the time, although it might you might still get a representative who doesn't have the training on the new system ( especially at night, where they don't all seem to have had the new training). If that fails, send an email to

TF.CorpResolutionTeam at tracfone Dot c o m

(Replace the words "at" and "dot" with their symbols and remove the spaces since I'm not allowed to type them here.) In fact, you might just want to send an email to them in the first place. They all know what they're doing and you'll probably get the best results in the least amount of time. In my case, they had to try a couple of times but I finally got all of my minutes, texts, and data with bonus minutes added because I had trouble.

It took a few days, mainly because it was the weekend-- but now I have a great little android phone for not that much more than the the old "dumb" tracfone. They are working on a solution for getting the minutes and time available on our phones, and I have all the apps that I have on my tablet for when I'm nowhere near a wifi outlet. I love my Centura, and for me it was worth waiting a couple of extra days and spending some time on the phone. Of course, if you're the impatient type, YMMV.
Arty01 | New Friend | 10.07.2013 6:50 PM
Could those of you who have had success in transferring over minutes >1,100 tell me specifically how you did that? I'm seeing more than a few posts of those who, apparently, had a balance exceeding that number on their old phone, but the transferred amount stopped at 1,100. My online request at Tracfone's website gave me a reference PIN and to call "SafeLink Wireless." I did so last week, and the operator had me read back numbers from the old Tracfone and he zeroed out the days/minutes and said the remaining balance would show up. It's still not there, so I did a Live Chat session with a TF operator today...and she ended up reading back the same message I was emailed (call the same SafeLink number and enter the same reference PIN....) But if the old phone is now "zeroed out", am I outta luck now?

Tracfone has a forum that has over a hundred posts with the same problem and a live operator is taking each individual request offline to resolve. But, for some reason, it won't let me register on their forum (it says my email account is already in use, but I never registered, nor have a user name with which to have them reset!)

I'm wondering if I should just give up and be happy with the 1,100 ( and 600 bonus) that I do have...
jandel7746 | Admirer | 10.07.2013 6:04 PM
The best laid plans,
I had a over 200 minutes and 465 days to transfer along with that I wanted to keep my number.
So far the new phone has a new number and no minutes (I wanted to just activate first) and the old phone that has no minutes so I am away from home with 2 phones and can't make a call.
I don't know if I should try and deactivate and start over or maybe I have lost the number that I have had for about 6 or more years. Hate that.
Right now the smart phone don't seem so smart to me.......lol......
What a mess.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Inspirer 1
KERIGA

RE: Activating Samsung Centura -

When I hear these horror stories and the flaming hoops that some of you are being forced to jump through simply to attempt to activate your new Galaxy Centura and transfer your balances, it makes me cringe. It also makes me wonder whether TracFone is trying to pull a bait-and-switch: promise the moon, the sun and the stars, then deliver only dirt. I'm furious and I know many of you are, too.

Someone on another thread called me Keriga The Intrepid TracFone Conquerer, remarking about my tenacity in dealing with TracFone. Part of it is my innate stubbornness. Perhaps it's also my training as a consumer reporter, wherein I'd spend days tracking down some shady company or the person(s) responsible for billing an 80-year-old widow on a modest pension in a 2-bedroom house, $200K for one month's worth of electricity. That sort of thing makes my blood boil.

Chiefly, I blame TracFone for being totally oblivious and completely unprepared for this soft rollout debacle. It's incomprehensible that TracFone's CSRs could be that clueless and incompetent, but TracFone failed miserably to train its personnel properly, adequately and appropriately regarding the process and procedures involved. That's why a significant portion of the 30,000 HSN customers who bought the Galaxy Centura are dissatisfied; many are returning it to because they see that as the only way to escape the nightmare. Failing to plan is planning to fail. As I said previously, it'll be interesting to see what happens when these smartphones become available at retail outlets nationwide in a couple of weeks. Those customers will be porting, activating and converting, but they won't have to deal with the 200 TRIPLE MINUTES BONUS, an HSN-TracFone exclusive.

Arty01, I'm glad you solved part of your problem, but from what you've written, the end still isn't in sight. I was reluctant to say this when you first posted about someone giving you codes for SafeLink Wireless, but here it is: if a TracFone Rep does that, either s/he doesn't know what they're talking about or they're trying to get rid of your call ASAP.

SafeLink Wireless is just one of several companies under the umbrella of América Móvil, Mexico's largest telecommunications company. The others include: TracFone, NET10 Wireless, Straight Talk, SafeLink Wireless, Telcel América, and Simple Mobile. Based in Miami, FL, they operate using the networks of America's largest wireless carriers including: AT&T Mobility, Sprint Corporation, T-Mobile US, and Verizon Wireless.

This is from Wikipedia: SafeLink Wireless provides a free cell phone and a limited number of voice minutes each month for low-income-eligible families (one per family) who do not use Lifeline services offered by any other phone or wireless company. It is funded through the Universal Service Fund, but is only operational in a limited number of states. It is similar to the Lifeline and LinkUp government subsidized service for home telephones. Applications for service may be done via their web page, or by having them fax or mail an application form. No choice of phone handset is provided by the application process. Additional minutes over the free monthly benefit may be purchased. As of May 2011, Safelink Wireless had almost 4,000,000 subscribers, the largest Lifeline cell phone provider in the United States.

What on earth did SafeLink have to do with this? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again:
(1) ALL existing minutes and airtime will transfer from your current phone to the new Galaxy and convert equally into TALK, TEXT and DATA, with NO LOSS whatsoever, including your Service End Date.

(2) The 200 TRIPLE MINUTES BONUS will be added as 600 TALK, 600 TEXTS, 600 DATA plus 90 DAYS added to your Service End Date. To get the BONUS, you'll need the Activation Code/Airtime PIN. You'll find this on your HSN invoice directly below the Tracking # (near the upper right corner of the page.

It shouldn't be this hard. After all, this isn't neurosurgery or astrophysics. Personally, I wouldn't even deal with that clueless cadre of TracFone CSRs. FYI - under new rules, CSRs are supposed to handle your issue within 15 minutes. If they can't, they're supposed to escalate your call to a Supervisor. Tech Support Reps are given 30 minutes to solve problems before escalating the call to their Managers.

If someone attempts to deny, shortchange or undercut even one minute that you're due in this transfer and conversion, bypass them and go directly to a Supervisor. If you encounter additional difficulties during this process, I urge you to contact TracFone's Executive Resolutions Department by completing the complaint form on the website; by e-mail, via online chat or toll-free at: 800-876-5753. There's a way to be politely professional when dealing with them, but aggressively and adamantly insist upon all that is due under terms of the purchase agreement that was conveyed verbally and in on-screen graphics by HSN and verified by a TracFone Rep who was present in HSN's studios answering questions on 09.21.2013.

Based on the claims made verbally in the HSN presentation and the materials enclosed with the Samsung Galaxy Centura, TracFone has a contractual obligation to deliver what was promised. You have a reasonable expectation to see that they fulfill that pledge. Please - DO NOT accept anything less than you were promised, that you paid for and to which you are entitled.

During almost ten years, six different phones, porting my number from Verizon to Net10 and finally TracFone, I've probably invested days of my life talking to dozens of CSRs, Supervisors and Executive Resolutions Department Representatives, but I've always come away with what I intended and usually more as compensation for the aggravation and frustration caused by their incompetence at the outset. It's not quick, it's not easy, but it can be done.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
ArleneHu

Arty01, I don’t know if it makes a difference but this phone is now sold on Tracfone’s website and it specifically says that this phone is not compatible with SafeLink service. Of course, it also says Tracfone Airtime Balance Display shows how much airtime you’ve used and how much is left, so I don’t know if that phone is somehow programmed differently than the ones we have.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
KERIGA

ArleneHu is absolutely right, Arty01. Despite all these sister companies existing under the umbrella of América Móvil, they operate independently. I believe the term they used was "compander" when referring to the actual software inside the phone. Additionally there are different SIM cards.

When I switched to Net10, I bought the Motorola 376g that was identical to my Verizon Razor. Later when I switched from Net10 to TracFone, I was told that the two systems were incompatible and I had to purchase another phone - again the Motorola 376g - to use on the TracFone system. Externally they were identical, but TracFone said they differed internally. According to TracFone, the handsets are wired/programmed differently for each of the América Móvil companies: TracFone, NET10 Wireless, Straight Talk, SafeLink Wireless, Telcel América, and Simple Mobile. I suspect that all they had to do was send a different SIM card, but why do that when you can sell more phones?

Another thing I've noticed is that depending upon your geographical location, the selection of available handsets varies greatly. ArleneHu said she saw the Samsung Galaxy Centura already, but in my area, there's no mention of it yet on the website.

BTW - TracFone is practically giving away the older models. The reconditioned LG 840G is selling for $19.99; the reconditioned LG 800G is $5.00 on the website. TracFone should implement a Buy-Back Program, enabling customers to recycle these relics and make a couple of dollars in the process. I have a box full of old TracFones and accessories, just sitting here collecting dust.

Verizon didn't buy back old phones, but you could drop them off at retail outlets or return them pre-paid to the company, where they were recycled or reconditioned and distributed to Women's Shelters and other charities. You could claim a tax deduction for your charitable contribution because Verizon verified your donation and gave written proof of valuation.

Good idea, TracFone; think about it. It would be the responsible thing to do, both in terms of conservation and brand management. Right now, TracFone should do anything and everything it can to re-establish and restore its reputation. A pro bono program like that might help offset some of the mountains of negative publicity generated by this Samsung Galaxy Centura snafu.

Please use plain text.
New Friend
Milia

I need to know how to activate the google play. Using the website given I keep being sent to either tracfone or HSN. I don't know which one to use. Help please.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
KERIGA

Milia,

TO REDEEM GOOGLE PLAY $25 CREDIT
1. Log on to the website shown on the card: triple-w(dot)thepromocard(dot) c*o*m/tracfoneHSN (omit those asterisks)
2. Enter the promo code and follow the activation process.

My GOOGLE PLAY $25 Credit card was defective. Be careful with the plastic strip: some are scratch off; some are peel off. My peel off strip took several of the numbers with it and shredded them. I was required to e-mail a picture of the damaged card in order to get a new Promo Code, which they returned via e-mail within 24 hours. I've gotten the replacement but haven't activated it yet.

I hope yours works, Milia.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Edited 10.09.2013 To Add:

Clicked link on return e-mail with new Promo Code. It worked! Balance at GOOGLE Playstore shows $25 in my account.

****************************************************************************************************************************

Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
14 Replies
10.07.2013 2:39 AM
0 Smiles
7 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...