Vettecor | Admirer | 07.19.2012 1:28 PM
Does anybody know where to go to get apps downloaded for this phone ?

I went to GETJAR.COM and found a couple of apps I wanted to download to the phone.
However, to download an app you MUST select the model of your phone in the drop down box. The Samsung S390G is NOT in the drop down box and it will NOT let you enter S390G !!

Is there another site to go to if you want to download apps ?

Thanks
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
RW60 | Admirer | 01.07.2013 12:47 AM
Just use another Samsung java phone (which you can look up on the Samsung site). I have been using the Samsung GT E2100 to download from Getjar. Pretty much any site will ask you to pick a phone model. Another site is sharejar, which seems to have a good reputation (according to the Webutation site anyway).

jr29, do you know if it is possible to download the Skype App to the Samsung S390G? I'd like to save my minutes and use this to talk to my kids on their ipods.

Thanks in advance.

RW60
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 08.04.2012 6:28 AM
Does anyone know what phone I should choose when going to the getjar or mobilerated site? As you know the S390 is not listed and I did a search for java phones on the Samsung site and those phones are not listed in the options either.

The second post in this thread has the answer to your question.

Sorry but that would not be the answer. I looked for that phone(E2100) before posting my question and it was NOT there.

Sorry, but you didn't look closely enough. I have been using that model for weeks now with no problems. I just checked and it's still there. Be sure to emter Samsung GT E2100.
jvon | Admirer 3 | 08.03.2012 11:12 PM
Does anyone know what phone I should choose when going to the getjar or mobilerated site? As you know the S390 is not listed and I did a search for java phones on the Samsung site and those phones are not listed in the options either.

Sorry but that would not be the answer. I looked for that phone(E2100) before posting my question and it was NOT there.
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 07.30.2012 7:05 PM

jvon | Admirer 3 | 07.28.2012 11:47 PM
Meezergeezer | Advisor 2 | 07.23.2012 2:28 AM
Bless you jr29 for the suggestion. I really appreciate this. This will be so helpful for me.

o:smileyhappy:
I tried to download the Bible application but wouldn't work :smileysad: bummed out -would be great to have the Bible on my cell phone - I would find it so handy...

You might want to try KJV Complete Mobile Bible by Cell Book. I just downloaded it from getjar and it works. But be patient and make sure you have a good wifi connection because it takes a little while to download (mine took about 20 or 30 seconds). It has a pretty basic setup, but it has an index of the books of the Bible and a "goto" and a "search" function so it looks like you can find what you're looking for. o:smileyhappy:
RW60 | Admirer | 07.22.2012 5:38 PM
Does anyone know if Java and Flash come on this phone or do they need to be downloaded somewhere?

For example, I went to staples.com and it said I needed Java and didn't have it and another site said I needed Adobe Flash.
Vettecor | Admirer | 07.21.2012 12:06 PM
Went to the web site of GETJAR.COM and found a couple of apps which downloaded with no problems. I have been trying for days to download their flash light app, with no success. Keeps on saying connection failed.

Thanks JR29 for the information.
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 07.20.2012 10:21 PM
ok, thank you, i love that gameo:smileyhappy: , i suppose you own the samsung yourself as well? if you use the web for eg. 5 to 10 min, how much might they deduct?

I'm not positive but I think you get around 3 minutes web browsing for every minute on your phone. However from what I've read, if you're downloading MMS, they charge a lot more, presumably because it's 3G and they are treating it like data. There are people on other message boards who are pursuing this because they think it's a mistake in the coding and that Tracfone should be charging less. I don't typically use my cell phone on the internet much (too hard to see), and with this one I'll probably never use it unless I have free wifi available or in an emergency. But it's good to have it just in case.
boodlemum | Pro 1 | 07.20.2012 8:29 PM
Thanks jr29, I started with AccuWeather. Easy peasy! Now I'm trying some sudoku's until I find one that's not too hard on the eyes. So easy to download, try it, if I don't like it, delete it and look for another!
belle385 | Admirer 1 | 07.20.2012 7:40 PM
ok, thank you, i love that gameo:smileyhappy: , i suppose you own the samsung yourself as well? if you use the web for eg. 5 to 10 min, how much might they deduct?
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 07.20.2012 7:29 PM
hello everyone, hello jr29, few days ago i read what you posted about having the patience with getting the phone to work, I completely agree with you. In regards to the phone, can you get the app: bakerystory on the phone? and if so , how much does it cost to download an app. an app that you really like that is. thank you.o:smileyhappy: o:smileyhappy:

I did some googling and it looks like they don't have a java app for that game. You might try asking around on this site: forums . teamlava . c o m They make the game so they ought to know.

jr29 | Admirer 2 | 07.20.2012 7:03 PM
I tried to download the Bible application but wouldn't work :smileysad: bummed out -would be great to have the Bible on my cell phone - I would find it so handy...

You might want to try KJV Complete Mobile Bible by Cell Book. I just downloaded it from getjar and it works. But be patient and make sure you have a good wifi connection because it takes a little while to download (mine took about 20 or 30 seconds). It has a pretty basic setup, but it has an index of the books of the Bible and a "goto" and a "search" function so it looks like you can find what you're looking for. o:smileyhappy:
belle385 | Admirer 1 | 07.20.2012 6:43 PM
hello everyone, hello jr29, few days ago i read what you posted about having the patience with getting the phone to work, I completely agree with you. In regards to the phone, can you get the app: bakerystory on the phone? and if so , how much does it cost to download an app. an app that you really like that is. thank you.o:smileyhappy: o:smileyhappy:
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 07.20.2012 6:34 PM
It depends on what you're interested in. Unfortunately, there are a lot fewer useful java apps around than there are android apps. In addition to that, a lot of them are unsigned, which means that your phone assumes they are "unsafe" (and gives you messages to that effect). Getting an app signed costs money (apparently you have to have a license or be certified or something), so most java app makers don't bother because they're doing them for free anyway. In other cases, when people share apps, the signature gets lost. Or at least I assume so because I'm guessing that something like Google Maps must have been signed at one point. Then again, maybe not, because I downloaded that one from google and it's still not signed. But some of the ones you might consider are Google Maps, You Tube, Accuweather, Weather Channel, CNN, some sort of file explorer, games (I have solitaire and sudoku), etc. If you browse through Getjar you might see some others that interest you.
Meezergeezer | Advisor 2 | 07.20.2012 6:13 PM
boodlemum | Pro 1 | 07.20.2012 1:59 PM
So for someone who's never had a smartphone before, what are some "must have" apps?
Anonymous7777 | Admirer 3 | 07.20.2012 1:52 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you, jr29! I've been ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) trying to download apps for this phone!
jr29 | Admirer 2 | 07.19.2012 6:42 PM
Just use another Samsung java phone (which you can look up on the Samsung site). I have been using the Samsung GT E2100 to download from Getjar. Pretty much any site will ask you to pick a phone model. Another site is sharejar, which seems to have a good reputation (according to the Webutation site anyway).
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Pro 1
boodlemum

RE: APPS FOR SAMSUNG S390G ??

Thanks jr29, I started with AccuWeather. Easy peasy! Now I'm trying some sudoku's until I find one that's not too hard on the eyes. So easy to download, try it, if I don't like it, delete it and look for another!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jr29

I'm not positive but I think you get around 3 minutes web browsing for every minute on your phone. However from what I've read, if you're downloading MMS, they charge a lot more, presumably because it's 3G and they are treating it like data. There are people on other message boards who are pursuing this because they think it's a mistake in the coding and that Tracfone should be charging less. I don't typically use my cell phone on the internet much (too hard to see), and with this one I'll probably never use it unless I have free wifi available or in an emergency. But it's good to have it just in case.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Vettecor

Went to the web site of GETJAR.COM and found a couple of apps which downloaded with no problems. I have been trying for days to download their flash light app, with no success. Keeps on saying connection failed.

Thanks JR29 for the information.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
RW60

Does anyone know if Java and Flash come on this phone or do they need to be downloaded somewhere?

For example, I went to staples.com and it said I needed Java and didn't have it and another site said I needed Adobe Flash.
Please use plain text.
Advisor 2
Meezergeezer

Bless you jr29 for the suggestion. I really appreciate this. This will be so helpful for me.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
jvon

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jr29

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
jvon

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jr29

Sorry, but you didn't look closely enough. I have been using that model for weeks now with no problems. I just checked and it's still there. Be sure to emter Samsung GT E2100.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
RW60

jr29, do you know if it is possible to download the Skype App to the Samsung S390G? I'd like to save my minutes and use this to talk to my kids on their ipods.

Thanks in advance.

RW60
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
19 Replies
07.19.2012 1:28 PM
0 Smiles
8 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...