Meezergeezer | Advisor 1 | 09.20.2013 3:09 PM
Can my 1200 minutes I have left over from my LG 840 transfer over to this new Tracfone - different operating system - Android. Wondering if Android minutes are the same as regular Tracfone minutes...

Anyone know the answer to this? Hope Melissa Dawson or whoever presents it addresses this - looks like an awesome phone!!

Nice for a Tracfone it is a fairly up todate Android OS - IceSandwich - not the latest, but could be worse - could have been 2.3 Android...
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
tanchloe | New Friend | 01.31.2014 10:31 AM

the way minutes are now separated into talk and text...(.versus before where texts were one third minute)limits your texts and costs a fortune to maintain this phone.....worst purchase

kindt | Visitor | 02.14.2014 12:27 PM

This the most expensive phone I ever had! First your right you have to get on line to check your min. text ,data they do not let you know anything. I know I ran out of min. Of course when i needed the phone badly. Then come to find out I dont use it that much and my min. were burning up I have found that when you put in 60min card.it shows up 180min. On the phone. I timed my usage 2min.my time is 3 & a half their time. This is no deal. Dont beleive me try it yourself! Now im stuck with a phone that after three short calls or so and i need another card. I am scared to use it in case there is a problem with my grown kids. This is the worst purchase from hsn I ever got.  Its like i am only getting less than 60min.per card the phone itself gives you 3x the min. Not trackfone!

46225 | Admirer | 01.10.2014 11:28 AM

does anyone know which minute,text and data tracker app the host are using on this phone during the presentations/

HSN | Manager | 01.13.2014 5:53 PM

46225 wrote:

does anyone know which minute,text and data tracker app the host are using on this phone during the presentations/

It's always a good idea to stay on top of your mobile data usage, 46225. Although we don't know which app was used for the presentation for #293-555, this smartphone does access the Google Play Store which offers downloads that will perform this tracking. Thanks for watching!
ltvo5 | Admirer 3 | 10.05.2013 11:38 AM
Cheryl,

I received the same reply from Quantum regarding the $25 credit. After a couple days I contacted them again and we received the credit.
cherylinpa223 | New Friend | 10.05.2013 10:55 AM
This is the third HSN Today's Special Tracfone I have purchased, they just keep getting better and better. The Tracfone setup worked perfectly: my 541 minutes and years of service I had left transferred correctly and added to the new 600 triple plan. I have 3 questions now:

1 Re the Google Play $25 credit: When I try to activate following the instructions given, it tells me the code has already been used. I emailed the Customer Support at Quantum Marketing, I got a standard reply that my request was received. That was 3 days ago and I still don't have the credit or a reply from Quantum.

2. I am used to having a Prepaid menu on all other Tracfones so I can clearly see my usage and minutes left. How is it accessed on this phone?

3. If I set the phone for wifi access, will it warn me beforehand if I try to access the web without wifi (i.e., using my data plan?)

Thanks!

moms52 | New Friend | 10.02.2013 2:12 AM
I activated both mine and husbands phones online. He had under 1000 minutes and I had over 1500 minutes. Both added the correct number of transferred minutes in each bucket. After the phone was activated and working, I went back and clicked on add airtime. I put in the pin that was on the hsn receipt and it gave me the bonus minutes in the correct buckets. I don't know if it's because we both have a samsung phone or what but it worked online for me.

I did have trouble with voice mail going off and taking a phone call. I found out from playing with it that the setup doesn't turn on the voice mail. You have to call in and use the menu. #1 is the number that turns on voice mail. You would think that it would be turned on when you set it up but I guess not. Nice it that would have been in the book.
pammypalm | Admirer | 10.01.2013 10:33 PM
dont get too excited. having the total minutes transferred is a nightmare if over 1100. You cant understand anyone at tracfone and they don't know what they're doing. Got all that sorted but still cant activate voicemail or redeem google play card ...have emailed them 3 times and surprise...NO response
pammypalm | Admirer | 10.01.2013 10:30 PM
this whole precess has been a total mess as far as activating galaxy and getting minutes transfered. Got it sorted but still cant activate voicemail or redeem my google play card....
mooncat7 | Admirer 2 | 09.21.2013 1:24 PM
Jeanellen, the difference is that when you use wi-fi, either from a McDonalds, Starbucks, etc. or your home if you have wi-fi at home, none of your minutes for surfing the web are deducted/used. But if you are somewhere that there is no wi-fi and you need the internet, or to send a photo, etc then you can use this phone to do that through its 3G/4G phone connection, and it will use your data minutes. This is true of both phones. The Centura is a better phone for many reasons, mainly because it's a true Android phone with an easy to use infrastructure and many useful apps. It all depends on what is important to you in how you use it. No, wi-fi is not "everywhere," it is free at mcDonalds and other places, but otherwise you must pay to access it in one way or another.
jeannellen | Admirer 3 | 09.21.2013 10:43 AM
I have several questions concerning the Galaxy Centura that I am hoping someone can provide answers.
I currently have the LG 840 tracphone. I can access the internet from any hotspot and not have it deduct any minutes. How does that differ with the Samsung Galaxy Centura?? Do I use data minutes to access the internet and, therefore, using the internet is not free with this phone?
Also, does it use only wifi signal found at hotspots (like McDonalds etc) to access the internet or can I access the internet from anywhere? I am not tech savy and do not quite understand all of this 'new' technology.
Am just trying to figure out what is better with this Galaxy Centura phone and what are the added benefits of using this phone over the LG840 I currently have. Especially since I don't use any minutes to access the internet but with the Galaxy It seems that I am using minutes only it is called data.
NANCY0424 | Admirer | 09.21.2013 5:18 AM
Yes. She said you can transfer over your minutes and you will get the triple triple. So you will have 1200 minutes for talk, text and data. If that is for a year, you will get 90 more days with the 600 minute card they are including. It's a great deal.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Advisor 1
Meezergeezer

293-555 Samsung Samsung Galaxy Centura Android TracFone

Can my 1200 minutes I have left over from my LG 840 transfer over to this new Tracfone - different operating system - Android. Wondering if Android minutes are the same as regular Tracfone minutes...

Anyone know the answer to this? Hope Melissa Dawson or whoever presents it addresses this - looks like an awesome phone!!

Nice for a Tracfone it is a fairly up todate Android OS - IceSandwich - not the latest, but could be worse - could have been 2.3 Android...
Please use plain text.
Admirer
NANCY0424

RE: 293-555 Samsung Samsung Galaxy Centura Android TracFone

Yes. She said you can transfer over your minutes and you will get the triple triple. So you will have 1200 minutes for talk, text and data. If that is for a year, you will get 90 more days with the 600 minute card they are including. It's a great deal.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
jeannellen

I have several questions concerning the Galaxy Centura that I am hoping someone can provide answers.
I currently have the LG 840 tracphone. I can access the internet from any hotspot and not have it deduct any minutes. How does that differ with the Samsung Galaxy Centura?? Do I use data minutes to access the internet and, therefore, using the internet is not free with this phone?
Also, does it use only wifi signal found at hotspots (like McDonalds etc) to access the internet or can I access the internet from anywhere? I am not tech savy and do not quite understand all of this 'new' technology.
Am just trying to figure out what is better with this Galaxy Centura phone and what are the added benefits of using this phone over the LG840 I currently have. Especially since I don't use any minutes to access the internet but with the Galaxy It seems that I am using minutes only it is called data.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
mooncat7

Jeanellen, the difference is that when you use wi-fi, either from a McDonalds, Starbucks, etc. or your home if you have wi-fi at home, none of your minutes for surfing the web are deducted/used. But if you are somewhere that there is no wi-fi and you need the internet, or to send a photo, etc then you can use this phone to do that through its 3G/4G phone connection, and it will use your data minutes. This is true of both phones. The Centura is a better phone for many reasons, mainly because it's a true Android phone with an easy to use infrastructure and many useful apps. It all depends on what is important to you in how you use it. No, wi-fi is not "everywhere," it is free at mcDonalds and other places, but otherwise you must pay to access it in one way or another.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
pammypalm

this whole precess has been a total mess as far as activating galaxy and getting minutes transfered. Got it sorted but still cant activate voicemail or redeem my google play card....
Please use plain text.
Admirer
pammypalm

dont get too excited. having the total minutes transferred is a nightmare if over 1100. You cant understand anyone at tracfone and they don't know what they're doing. Got all that sorted but still cant activate voicemail or redeem google play card ...have emailed them 3 times and surprise...NO response
Please use plain text.
New Friend
moms52

I activated both mine and husbands phones online. He had under 1000 minutes and I had over 1500 minutes. Both added the correct number of transferred minutes in each bucket. After the phone was activated and working, I went back and clicked on add airtime. I put in the pin that was on the hsn receipt and it gave me the bonus minutes in the correct buckets. I don't know if it's because we both have a samsung phone or what but it worked online for me.

I did have trouble with voice mail going off and taking a phone call. I found out from playing with it that the setup doesn't turn on the voice mail. You have to call in and use the menu. #1 is the number that turns on voice mail. You would think that it would be turned on when you set it up but I guess not. Nice it that would have been in the book.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
cherylinpa223

This is the third HSN Today's Special Tracfone I have purchased, they just keep getting better and better. The Tracfone setup worked perfectly: my 541 minutes and years of service I had left transferred correctly and added to the new 600 triple plan. I have 3 questions now:

1 Re the Google Play $25 credit: When I try to activate following the instructions given, it tells me the code has already been used. I emailed the Customer Support at Quantum Marketing, I got a standard reply that my request was received. That was 3 days ago and I still don't have the credit or a reply from Quantum.

2. I am used to having a Prepaid menu on all other Tracfones so I can clearly see my usage and minutes left. How is it accessed on this phone?

3. If I set the phone for wifi access, will it warn me beforehand if I try to access the web without wifi (i.e., using my data plan?)

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
ltvo5

Cheryl,

I received the same reply from Quantum regarding the $25 credit. After a couple days I contacted them again and we received the credit.
Please use plain text.
Admirer

Re: 293-555 Samsung Samsung Galaxy Centura Android TracFone

Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
12 Replies
09.20.2013 3:09 PM
0 Smiles
12 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...