Shorty11 | New Friend | 05.23.2011 5:21 PM
I am absolutely DISGUSTED with the "new" UPS SurePost method of shipping. 3 packages have tracking #'s from UPS and USPS, and yet USPS misdelivered them back to the sender?

UPS has always been my carrier of choice "for a reason" - they get the package to you on time, and they do it right THE FIRST TIME. I go to the local delivery location and pick up my packages as I work thru the day. It takes me 5 mins in the pick up line and I am happy.

USPS - don't make me go there right now!UPS gets my packages just fine, they get transferred into the USPS sorting and delivery system, and that takes 4 days longer. They misdelivered my packages, can't track their whereabouts with their own USPS tracking no, and now send me to another location to see the Postal Inspector to make my complaints on the mail carrier in that zipcode area. Talk about driving all over the County, because nobody at USPS can use the computer at any location to actually resolve the issues. Oh and by the way, I stood in a long Postal Office line for 53mins to just have someone say there was nothing they could do!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW: And in the SurePost "Address Guidelines" (found on the internet) it says you should put your phone # just in case. I had that already in my former UPS label (as they call me for pickup), and STILL the USPS did not call me on any of the 3 packages?

So I CHAT with HSN Customer Service, and do you know they can do nothing either. Shipping cannot fix the problem, and they want me to call a HSN Customer Service Supervisor to repeat this all again, and still nothing can be done about SHIPPING. We are apparently stuck with this UPS SurePost method, and all the time HSN has billed us, took our money, and we are delayed with merchandise delivery. Just Shameful!!!!!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
freckles464 | New Friend | 12.19.2013 6:24 PM

I first, second, third, fourth, on and on the motion. My last few deliveries from HSN have been through Surepost and I am done. It takes almost 2 weeks now to receive merchanidse, which is ridiculous. I have taken all of my business to Shop HQ. If they start shipping this way, then I am content to shopping local because this is for the birds.

HSN | Manager | 12.19.2013 6:42 PM

freckles464 wrote:

I first, second, third, fourth, on and on the motion. My last few deliveries from HSN have been through Surepost and I am done. It takes almost 2 weeks now to receive merchanidse, which is ridiculous. I have taken all of my business to Shop HQ. If they start shipping this way, then I am content to shopping local because this is for the birds.

We know our customers love to receive their items quickly and we do, too.  @freckles464 , we never want your orders to arrive late and we feel awful for the wait you've experienced.  Our UPS SurePost service allows UPS to pick up the package from us and transport it, with the normal speed and reliability of UPS, to your local Post Office for delivery to you.  You should still receive the package by the expected delivery date given when the order was placed.  

This method allows packages that would have previously been sent through the Post Office only to now have tracking available.  Also, you now have the option to return items with the Easy Return label through either UPS or the Post Office if you like.

We appreciate your thoughts on this service and they will be taken into full consideration as we're always looking for ways to improve.  We hope you will give us another chance to shop with you and show you the normally exceptional service we can provide.

tylercat43 | New Friend | 10.27.2013 5:50 PM
All records show that UPS delivered to USPS. USPS says they delivered. I never received it. Back to HSN for them to figure out.
purewater | Admirer | 03.29.2012 7:30 PM
Did anyone else get the survey emailed from HSN to rate their shipping? Sent just this week. I wasn't going to complete it, but changed my mind when an item I returned at the post office has still not been received by HSN. This Sure Post is a joke and in the survey I said as much. Now, lets see if taking the time to do the survey does any good.
AQUAFINA | Inspirer 2 | 03.22.2012 11:20 PM
COMPLAIN TO THE UPS! They are the ones who entered into an agreement with the USPS. Everyone is bashing the post office and HSN or the Q.
MindyM | New Friend | 03.15.2012 9:35 PM
Don't use "SurePost". It is terrible.
donnacats | New Friend | 05.26.2011 5:41 PM
Agree. Just had 8 packages not show up and go back to sender. Just cancelled two order today. Think my HSN and QVC shopping days are over. They both ship the same way now.
Topaz444 | Admirer 3 | 05.24.2011 4:44 PM
Hi Shorty

I & many others, understand your frustration. This practice is definitely causing everything from mild irritation, to substantial problems. In our reaction thereof, HSN is losing business via fewer orders; so if it was to save themselves money, me thinks it backfired. A company angering it's customer base, is never wise.

The way UPS handles a delivery is great. USPS, not so much. Combining the two, absolutely results in the latter affecting things in a negative way, not vice versa. Due to related concerns, jewelry sales alone are probably way down; & other items overall.

As another poster put it: *SurePost* is anything but sure!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
New Friend
Shorty11

UPS SurePost

I am absolutely DISGUSTED with the "new" UPS SurePost method of shipping. 3 packages have tracking #'s from UPS and USPS, and yet USPS misdelivered them back to the sender?

UPS has always been my carrier of choice "for a reason" - they get the package to you on time, and they do it right THE FIRST TIME. I go to the local delivery location and pick up my packages as I work thru the day. It takes me 5 mins in the pick up line and I am happy.

USPS - don't make me go there right now!UPS gets my packages just fine, they get transferred into the USPS sorting and delivery system, and that takes 4 days longer. They misdelivered my packages, can't track their whereabouts with their own USPS tracking no, and now send me to another location to see the Postal Inspector to make my complaints on the mail carrier in that zipcode area. Talk about driving all over the County, because nobody at USPS can use the computer at any location to actually resolve the issues. Oh and by the way, I stood in a long Postal Office line for 53mins to just have someone say there was nothing they could do!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW: And in the SurePost "Address Guidelines" (found on the internet) it says you should put your phone # just in case. I had that already in my former UPS label (as they call me for pickup), and STILL the USPS did not call me on any of the 3 packages?

So I CHAT with HSN Customer Service, and do you know they can do nothing either. Shipping cannot fix the problem, and they want me to call a HSN Customer Service Supervisor to repeat this all again, and still nothing can be done about SHIPPING. We are apparently stuck with this UPS SurePost method, and all the time HSN has billed us, took our money, and we are delayed with merchandise delivery. Just Shameful!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Topaz444

RE: UPS SurePost

Hi Shorty

I & many others, understand your frustration. This practice is definitely causing everything from mild irritation, to substantial problems. In our reaction thereof, HSN is losing business via fewer orders; so if it was to save themselves money, me thinks it backfired. A company angering it's customer base, is never wise.

The way UPS handles a delivery is great. USPS, not so much. Combining the two, absolutely results in the latter affecting things in a negative way, not vice versa. Due to related concerns, jewelry sales alone are probably way down; & other items overall.

As another poster put it: *SurePost* is anything but sure!
Please use plain text.
New Friend
donnacats

Agree. Just had 8 packages not show up and go back to sender. Just cancelled two order today. Think my HSN and QVC shopping days are over. They both ship the same way now.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
MindyM

Don't use "SurePost". It is terrible.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
AQUAFINA

COMPLAIN TO THE UPS! They are the ones who entered into an agreement with the USPS. Everyone is bashing the post office and HSN or the Q.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
purewater

Did anyone else get the survey emailed from HSN to rate their shipping? Sent just this week. I wasn't going to complete it, but changed my mind when an item I returned at the post office has still not been received by HSN. This Sure Post is a joke and in the survey I said as much. Now, lets see if taking the time to do the survey does any good.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
tylercat43

All records show that UPS delivered to USPS. USPS says they delivered. I never received it. Back to HSN for them to figure out.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
freckles464

Re: UPS SurePost

Please use plain text.
Manager HSN
Manager
HSN

Re: UPS SurePost

freckles464 wrote:

We know our customers love to receive their items quickly and we do, too.  @freckles464 , we never want your orders to arrive late and we feel awful for the wait you've experienced.  Our UPS SurePost service allows UPS to pick up the package from us and transport it, with the normal speed and reliability of UPS, to your local Post Office for delivery to you.  You should still receive the package by the expected delivery date given when the order was placed.  

This method allows packages that would have previously been sent through the Post Office only to now have tracking available.  Also, you now have the option to return items with the Easy Return label through either UPS or the Post Office if you like.

We appreciate your thoughts on this service and they will be taken into full consideration as we're always looking for ways to improve.  We hope you will give us another chance to shop with you and show you the normally exceptional service we can provide.

It’s fun here!
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
8 Replies
05.23.2011 5:21 PM
0 Smiles
9 in Conversation

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...