TheCurlyFitChic | New Friend | 07.27.2011 3:41 PM
I am a first time buyer to HSN and I will never purchase with them again. Before, I purchase any item from an online retailer I read there shipping and return policies. Typically there will is a link to each of these areas conveniently located on the website. Unfortunately, HSN's "Return Policies" link are not accurate. That link only has SOME of their policies regarding Returns. All the others you are suppose to know you have to search for in the form of a question before you are able to find that particular part of the policy. This is ridiculous. If you have a "Return Policies" link ALL information regarding ANY information regardsing Returns should be listed.

Also, this is the information listed regarding exchanges, which is untrue.

You can exchange an item for a variety of reasons, including:

•You would like to receive the same item in a different color, size, or style
•Your item arrived damaged, defective or was missing (in part or whole) from the box
•You received the wrong item
To get an exchange, please contact our Customer Service department at 1.800.933.2887 (8 am-1 am ET) within 30 days of receipt (or the expected receipt date) of the package. Exchanges are made for in-stock items; if we do not have the item in stock, we will refund you the amount of your original purchase. Some items, including computers, cannot be exchanged (but may be returned for a refund).

I contacted HSN once I received my confirmation email of my purchase because the color was incorrect and they said I had to wait until I received the item. So why does the site say "or the expected receipt date"? Do they not know what the word expected means. Not only that, but they will not exchange the item because since it is a different color it has a different item number. That is also different than what the above says, since it clearly states you can exchange the same item in a different color, size or style.

I have NEVER come across an online retailer who blatantly had misinformaion on their website. Some would call that false advertising.

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
New Friend
TheCurlyFitChic

Return and Exchange Policies

I am a first time buyer to HSN and I will never purchase with them again. Before, I purchase any item from an online retailer I read there shipping and return policies. Typically there will is a link to each of these areas conveniently located on the website. Unfortunately, HSN's "Return Policies" link are not accurate. That link only has SOME of their policies regarding Returns. All the others you are suppose to know you have to search for in the form of a question before you are able to find that particular part of the policy. This is ridiculous. If you have a "Return Policies" link ALL information regarding ANY information regardsing Returns should be listed.

Also, this is the information listed regarding exchanges, which is untrue.

You can exchange an item for a variety of reasons, including:

•You would like to receive the same item in a different color, size, or style
•Your item arrived damaged, defective or was missing (in part or whole) from the box
•You received the wrong item
To get an exchange, please contact our Customer Service department at 1.800.933.2887 (8 am-1 am ET) within 30 days of receipt (or the expected receipt date) of the package. Exchanges are made for in-stock items; if we do not have the item in stock, we will refund you the amount of your original purchase. Some items, including computers, cannot be exchanged (but may be returned for a refund).

I contacted HSN once I received my confirmation email of my purchase because the color was incorrect and they said I had to wait until I received the item. So why does the site say "or the expected receipt date"? Do they not know what the word expected means. Not only that, but they will not exchange the item because since it is a different color it has a different item number. That is also different than what the above says, since it clearly states you can exchange the same item in a different color, size or style.

I have NEVER come across an online retailer who blatantly had misinformaion on their website. Some would call that false advertising.

Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
0 Replies
07.27.2011 3:41 PM
0 Smiles
1 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...