Admirer 2
binki

hair recommendation

I have the worst, driest frizziest color treated hair, in long layers to a little past my neck and before I just cut it all off, is there any holy grail out there that will add shine and condition and make this sack of hay look like gorgeous hair or should i chop it off. Thanks for any and all suggestions - I'm pushing 60 and don't want a short old lady style but I don't know what to do. Thanks!!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
KathyJo

RE: hair recommendation

BINKI, I also have dry, coarse, frizzy hair. I have good results with this combo and can keep my hair pretty long (shoulder length):

Fekkai Shea Butter Shampoo (pricey but you just use a little)

Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner (yes - Suave!)

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum (apply to wet hair)

Good luck!

"Katharita" on the Q's board
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
HITSVILLE

Try the One N' Only line of Argan oil, they have shampoo, conditioner, hair mask and hair oil. If that doesn't help dry, frizz.... nothing will! :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
LLAMA

Don't chop your hair off! I love products and I am not a product snob....I'll try the inexpensive along with the pricier products. I have long, color treated blonde hair. I have been using Suave Professionals black rasberry and white tea shampoo & conditioner. It is their version of Aveda's formula. My hair feels really good. The Suave products are surprisingly good.

Two long time favs are Aussie's leave in conditioning spray & their 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner. I can feel a big difference in my hair if I run out of the Aussie spray.

TIGI makes great shampoos & conditioners too. The Dumb Blonde is a richer formula. Also the TIGI Moisture Maniac is very good too. I like to buy the TIGI shampoos & conditioners when ULTA or another beauty store has their big duos on sale.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
kuckelhead

I have the worst, driest frizziest color treated hair, in long layers to a little past my neck and before I just cut it all off, is there any holy grail out there that will add shine and condition and make this sack of hay look like gorgeous hair or should i chop it off. Thanks for any and all suggestions - I'm pushing 60 and don't want a short old lady style but I don't know what to do. Thanks!!!

I just went through the exact same thing! I just had my 56 birthday and my hair was below my shoulder blades, straight, sort of. I asked my real friends and family and they said you have to get the ends trimmed. You've got damaged hair from all you do to it. So I did.

Got my hair cut all off up to my back hairline and starting over. My hair curled up like I was a teenager. I love not having 3 lbs to lug around. I feel good. It's going to take a few days for my hair to not be in shock. I scrunch it now and really, it's the best thing I ever did. Always had longer hair but just can't be bothered especially when this takes l0 minutes vs. an hour to look like I just got out of bed.

When it's about an inch longer it will be beautiful. But I took the plunge. Have to wear what's good for me not what's in. Good luck in you decision.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Taligator

My hair is color treated/blonde and frizzy all the time. I've found that the products used don't seem to really matter in terms of FIXING it. I have discovered what you do to your hair helps.

My stylist (a new one) taught me how to dry my hair and it's made the most incredible difference. Basically, hold the dryer and the top of your head and using your comb/brush move it downward. Never bring the dryer down your hair or point it up into your hair. The heat coming downward dries the hair but doesn't push the hair cuticles up (making frizz). My hair looks much sleeker when I do this. I then follow with a few passes of a flat iron. My hair looks amazing. It's not perfect but it's not a mass of frizz any longer.

The top of your head gets hot from holding the drier there but it's worth it. You can section off your hair to get underneath but again, keep the drier on top and pointing down at your hair.

I have had luck with the Moroccan Oil type products as well but the hair dryer bit helps the most.

I also gently squeeze the water out of my hair instead of rubbing my head. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.