Admirer 2
asher

Why are Mary Kay products much more expensive than Avon?

I mean no disrespect for MK consultants or Avon consultants with this question- I am just curious. I just made my first MK purchase Friday and I was wondering why the products are so much more expensive than Avon's. I was looking through the Mary Kay catalog and noticed the prices of facial creams, makeup, etc. was quite a bit more than Avon. Is this due to difference the wholesale price of the products for consultants to purchase items to sell? Is Mary Kay considered more "upscale" than Avon. I have been happy with the Avon products I used. I read about MK Sstin Hands products and bought a set because of winter coming. It's great.

Thanks.

Asher

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
cyclist

RE: Why are Mary Kay products much more expensive than Avon?

I don't know why MK is much more expensive than Avon. But MK has gotten quite expensive. Mk makes some of my All Time Favorite products. I have never found a better eyecream than their Timewise Eyecream which is about $35. MK's Formula 1 & 2 basic products - Cleanser, Toner, Moisture Mask (this mask will make your skin absolutely glow) and moisturizers are also the Best I have ever found! However, MK also has many products that I don't like. I quit buying these cuz of the hassle of getting them from MK consultants and the cost.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Broomie

I have rediscovered Avon skincare this year and have become quite happy with it. The Ane All-In-One cream is excellent as is the new Skin So Soft neck cream. They have a 10% C serum that is often on sale for $10. Yup, I'm happy spending less and still getting results.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
katperson

I've been using Avon for the past 12 years and my skin is wonderful at 62, just like it was at 22 and maybe better. Avon has excellent chemists and they come out with the new stuff first, then when the patent wears off, other brands swoop it up. The prices are great and its easy to buy them. If you don't have a rep, you can go online and order.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
VanillaOrchird

Hi,
I love both Mary Kay and Avon.But, since Avon was more affordable.Avon has great products I love the Skin so Soft and Anew.Loads of great products and gifts.Mary Kay is a best seller in the US I read somewhere all the skin care is fragrance free and seems to be a "better" quality than Avon because of this.( No offense) So perhaps this is why they cost more.But, it is so much less expensive than say Clinque or Estee Lauder etc. I had the Satin Hands set its awesome it made my hands so soft.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
MagicDragon

I am not sure why MK is more expensive then Avon...I have always looked at the two and the same, but usually end up purchasing from Avon because they are cheaper. I say you should just go with what you like...if you find something from MK that is more $$ but you like then why not!!
Please use plain text.
New Friend
SunshineWay

I haven't used Mary Kay in years, but I have noticed that MK has some new TV commercials on that makes MK look very sleek, modern, hip, etc. Maybe they are trying to establish themselves with the younger crowd and show them in a more "high end" light? I've never had Avon products, so I can't comment on the price difference, but thought maybe the new Mary Kay campaign was really cool.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
IbbyB

MK is probably more expensive to cover their costs- when i was a consultant directors just a few rings up the ladders were very well off. Or at least presented that image to recruit consultants!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
MIKESWIFE

It`s to pay for the new cars they give to their consultants. My dil sells mary kay and they give them all kinds of things. I didn`t find their products exceptional, just expensive.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
jodo

I think Mary Kay has always been expensive. I can remember my first "party" and this was back when I first got married 32 years ago maybe a little before that but at the time, you couldn't buy one item of their skin regimine, you had to buy the whole set. There was no way I could afford all of it together so I didn't purchase anything. By the time I got home I had welts on my face from something in their products and swore I'd never use MK ever again. I still don't buy their skin care stuff even tho you can buy it seperately now but I love their lip mask set and their hand cream is nice.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.