BABYBLUE | Admirer 3 | 09.07.2009 7:24 PM
Hi, I am having hair issues since going into menopause but I still flat iron the ends of my hair. Can anyone suggest a good iron that will straighten my ends and will be the least damaging to my hair?
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
SHARON818 | Inside Advisor | 05.23.2011 7:34 PM
The new Sydney infrared flatiron is OUTSTANDING. I got it when they were first on, and I've never been so happy with a flatiron - and I LOVED my Maxiglide (still do). Even at the highest temp (450) my hair never burned or frizzed - it's always swingy and sleek. Make sure the infrared is on though. Otherwise, who knows what that kind of heat would do to one's hair.
DestinyJo | Admirer 3 | 05.22.2011 6:33 AM
I've used the original Maxius Maxiglide for the last 6 years and it finally bit the dust. I like the steam function, it left my hair straight and healthy and I could also create movement with it when I flipped it instead of going straight down my hair. I have very long thick hair. Can't really use styling products with it because it clogs the holes where the steam comes out of but I would use a hair serum anyway to keep my hair from getting tangled when I'm done. I did use a super thick conditioner that I couldn't wash off the last time I used it before it started spattering water and wouldn't hold the temperature so I believe that's what broke it. I just ordered the new model off of HSN and I'm hoping it works just as good as the old one.
askvivi | New Friend | 05.18.2011 4:29 PM
well i use and recommend the Karmin G3 Salon Pro, it heats up to 450f with temperature control, dual voltage, tourmaline ceramic plates with rounded edges which makes it great for also curling your hair. Also has a 3 year warranty.
I love it, my hair looks great, very straight.
i hope this helps.
KathyJo | Admirer 3 | 09.13.2009 4:44 PM

Kathy Jo...A question please. Is the Sedu 1" easier to make waves and curls with? Thanks o:smileyhappy:

After thinking on this, I ended up ordering the 1 1/2". My hair never holds a curl for any length of time no matter what, and it is very long. The 1" would have taken me forever. I ordered from Folica for $119, case included, free shipping, and a free 7 piece Sedu styling set. I was also impressed with the 2 year warranty. Thank you for your reviews.

Mistic - - - I've never used the 1" so I can't comment. My hair was really long when I bought it, so I wanted the wider plate. Now that my hair is shorter, I can still use it to straighten and I can use it to flip the ends up, but I haven't tried curling with it. I have a curling iron if I want to curl.

The post just above is asking about Chi irons. Yes, they are by Farouk. They had lot of them at Ulta just a few weeks ago and occasionally they have one on QVC (but none right now - - - I just checked). That is a good brand as well.
Mistic101 | Admirer 2 | 09.13.2009 8:42 AM
The least damaging are the ones with ceramic plates and a temp control so you can turn it down to the lowest effective setting for your hair.

I have a Sedu that I bought at Ulta and I love it. It was pricey but it was a one-time cost and it is worth it not to fry my hair every morning.

Kathy Jo...A question please. Is the Sedu 1" easier to make waves and curls with? Thanks o:smileyhappy:

After thinking on this, I ended up ordering the 1 1/2". My hair never holds a curl for any length of time no matter what, and it is very long. The 1" would have taken me forever. I ordered from Folica for $119, case included, free shipping, and a free 7 piece Sedu styling set. I was also impressed with the 2 year warranty. Thank you for your reviews.
Lynne123 | Admirer 3 | 09.12.2009 10:39 PM
Ok, now what is the CHI iron for hair? Its by Farouk?? Where can you get it and what website or what shopping network can you get it? I think a hair iron that does both curl and straiten. There is not many around that do that. I see one in the market the other day which I did see on tv which curls and can flaten your hair but I don't know how good it is and I forget the name of it. (Big help aren't I)
Anyway I know of T3 but very expensive. =; Ok ladies let me know
platinumrose | Admirer 3 | 09.11.2009 2:44 PM
Babyblue- I use the guard product by Chi before I use the iron. Hope that helps.
KathyJo | Admirer 3 | 09.10.2009 12:43 AM
KathyJo, Can I ask which model of the Sedu did you buy and how much did you pay for it? I like the Sedu Ionic ceramic 1 1/2 " Flat iron that was featured in Allure as a top rated iron. Also do you ladies use products before you flat iron?

That's the one I have - - - the 1.5 inch. I really like it. I bought it at Ulta and I had a coupon at the time - - - I think it was about $100 after the coupon.

I use Maxius Beyond Straight on my wet hair prior to blowing dry and flat ironing and it protects my hair and does make it straighter during the blow dry. It's like a gel.

If my hair is already dry and I want to iron it, I use Chi Iron Guard.
BABYBLUE | Admirer 3 | 09.09.2009 7:47 PM
Do you ladies use a product on your hair before you flat iron? I have my eye on the Chi and the Sedu. My daughter has a Chi and she loves it.
platinumrose | Admirer 3 | 09.09.2009 2:19 PM
I actually have a Chi. I think the most immportant thing for me is to do the top layer and get as close to the cuticle as possible. Good hair products are very important with any iron.
chickenlady1 | Inspirer 2 | 09.09.2009 12:49 PM
I just ordered the Chi from Overstock.com for $75.00 with a discount. My hairdresser uses it, It goes for about 200.00, so this was a great but.
Ruqaiyah | Admirer 2 | 09.09.2009 11:17 AM
The CHI flat iron is the best. I have tried 15 of different brands so far, I have always come back to the CHI by farouk flat iron.
BABYBLUE | Admirer 3 | 09.08.2009 12:59 AM
KathyJo, Can I ask which model of the Sedu did you buy and how much did you pay for it? I like the Sedu Ionic ceramic 1 1/2 " Flat iron that was featured in Allure as a top rated iron. Also do you ladies use products before you flat iron?
platinumrose | Admirer 3 | 09.07.2009 11:02 PM
KathyJo is right.T-3 is another good brand but expensive as well.

Also many people use an iron guard or heat guard solution as well.

The important thing I learned is besides my Wen is to condition my hair.

I let my hair almost dry naturally and then only straight iron the very top of my hair (sounds like you with your ends). Once a week I deep condition my hair and leave it on for hours sometimes overnight. Hope that helps.
KathyJo | Admirer 3 | 09.07.2009 9:23 PM
The least damaging are the ones with ceramic plates and a temp control so you can turn it down to the lowest effective setting for your hair.

I have a Sedu that I bought at Ulta and I love it. It was pricey but it was a one-time cost and it is worth it not to fry my hair every morning.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 3
BABYBLUE

Which flat iron works well and is the least damaging to the hair?

Hi, I am having hair issues since going into menopause but I still flat iron the ends of my hair. Can anyone suggest a good iron that will straighten my ends and will be the least damaging to my hair?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
KathyJo

RE: Which flat iron works well and is the least damaging to the hair?

"Katharita" on the Q's board
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
platinumrose

KathyJo is right.T-3 is another good brand but expensive as well.

Also many people use an iron guard or heat guard solution as well.

The important thing I learned is besides my Wen is to condition my hair.

I let my hair almost dry naturally and then only straight iron the very top of my hair (sounds like you with your ends). Once a week I deep condition my hair and leave it on for hours sometimes overnight. Hope that helps.
~~~Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching~~~
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
BABYBLUE

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Ruqaiyah

The CHI flat iron is the best. I have tried 15 of different brands so far, I have always come back to the CHI by farouk flat iron.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
chickenlady1

I just ordered the Chi from Overstock.com for $75.00 with a discount. My hairdresser uses it, It goes for about 200.00, so this was a great but.
Dazlin
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
platinumrose

I actually have a Chi. I think the most immportant thing for me is to do the top layer and get as close to the cuticle as possible. Good hair products are very important with any iron.
~~~Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching~~~
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
BABYBLUE

Do you ladies use a product on your hair before you flat iron? I have my eye on the Chi and the Sedu. My daughter has a Chi and she loves it.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
KathyJo

That's the one I have - - - the 1.5 inch. I really like it. I bought it at Ulta and I had a coupon at the time - - - I think it was about $100 after the coupon.

I use Maxius Beyond Straight on my wet hair prior to blowing dry and flat ironing and it protects my hair and does make it straighter during the blow dry. It's like a gel.

If my hair is already dry and I want to iron it, I use Chi Iron Guard.
"Katharita" on the Q's board
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
platinumrose

Babyblue- I use the guard product by Chi before I use the iron. Hope that helps.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
15 Replies
09.07.2009 7:24 PM
0 Smiles
10 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...