cbarber | Admirer 3 | 01.11.2010 3:44 PM
I have been on the fence for a while about the clarisonic and glad HSN has a cheaper version that is just like the clarisonic but was wondering who has tried this and where do you order the replacement brushes. Thanks for your help.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
KathyJo | Admirer 3 | 04.25.2010 4:16 PM

Thanks for clarifying!

My Nutra Sonic came with a body brush and has a specific "body speed" setting on the machine. I use it frequently on my chest area and upper arms. There are also body brush refills available.

Perhaps there's another model that doesn't have this feature, but the one sold here on HSN does indeed have the heads and setting for treating the body.

Nutra Sonic Facial Cleansing System with Toner and Cleanser Includes:

Nutra Sonic handheld unit with universal charger - measures approx. 4-1/2"L x 3"W x 7-1/2"H
-Brush for sensitive skin
-Brush for normal skin
-Body brush for allover cleansing
-2 oz. Botanical Cleanser
-2 oz. Botanical Toner
-Nutra Sonic Handheld Unit with Universal Charger Features:

4 speeds - low frequency for sensitive skin, high frequency for normal skin, jitter mode for deep cleansing and microdermabrasion and body brush speed for allover cleansing
-400 oscillations per second
-Works on all skin types
-Water-resistant design of the brush handle allows it to be used in the shower
-Handheld unit, charger and brushes made of plastic
-UL listed
-Brushes and charger made in China
-Handheld unit assembled in USA

CAROLINAMODEL | Admirer 2 | 04.25.2010 1:57 PM
Clarisonic has a body system which is slightly more costy then the original system. I have alligator legs and have marvelous results getting rid of scales I have had for years on my legs. The Nutro Sonic did not have the heads for the entire body. I am sure it will eventually have all the heads etc. Simlar to the Derma Wand...ever time it is on the kit has improved.

If a person only wants to concentrate on the face....I would go with the Nutra Sonic. Since we all have different issues, it is hard to rate one better then another for another person.

I know people that use the drug store brand of face machines and they work great for cleansing the skin and closing the pores. So if you are on a tight budget, which many of us are, and you only want to ensure you face is CLEAN you may want to look at some of the drug stores.

Personally, I am beyond the help of machines, lotions and potions.](*,) ](*,)
KathyJo | Admirer 3 | 04.24.2010 6:23 PM

I like the Clarisonic that has the body brushes much better then HSN's version. In the long run, I think it is well worth the $$ difference! JMO as I think it depends on how much you want the the product to do. I am in my 50's and have the need for more benefits.

CAROLINAMODEL - - - could you elaborate on what additional benefits you reap from the Clarisonic Plus that you don't from the Nutra Sonic? I think more details would help people when they are deciding between the two products. Thanks!

CAROLINAMODEL | Admirer 2 | 04.24.2010 12:25 AM
I like the Clarisonic that has the body brushes much better then HSN's version. In the long run, I think it is well worth the $$ difference! JMO as I think it depends on how much you want the the product to do. I am in my 50's and have the need for more benefits.
BeautyLover11 | Admirer | 04.23.2010 10:15 PM
My sister uses the clarisonic and she loves it.
cookiecrazy | Admirer 2 | 01.14.2010 12:54 PM
I bought the Clarisonic just before the holidays; pricey, I know; but I use it every day and I love it. It sure has cleared up my complexion a lot; I get a lot of compliments ~ actually I didn't think anyone would notice.

I held off on buying the Clarisonic, but decided its the best investment, I have ever made! I don't use mine everyday, because skincare experts warn of over exfoliating. Still, my skin looks great with once a week Clarisonic use. I'm sure the other products mentioned in this thread works equally well. I'm so frugal, I'm surprised I didn't opt for the Prekita. Replacements heads can get quite pricey with these devices -- another consideration when purchasing!
JENICO | Admirer | 01.14.2010 9:10 AM
JENICO - - - I use both AHA's and BHA's regularly in my usual skin care products and added the Nutra Sonic for daily cleansing with no problems.

Thanks, I hope this machine gets my hydroxy's working even better then. My pores constantly need cleaned out. The microdermabrasion speed feature made me buy this one. Can't wait to get it.

Thanks again,
Jen
KathyJo | Admirer 3 | 01.13.2010 9:23 PM
JENICO - - - I use both AHA's and BHA's regularly in my usual skin care products and added the Nutra Sonic for daily cleansing with no problems.
JENICO | Admirer | 01.13.2010 4:24 PM
Hi,

I just bought this. I'm wondering if I should have bought the 2-year protection plan? I'm hoping that a manufacturer warranty covers a few months or something? Would hate to pass my 30 day return period to find it stops working in 45 days.

Anyway, I use Alpha Hydroxy 10% oil-free gel, daily. Is anybody using a AHA or BHA while using this or the Clairisonic with success? I don't want to overdo exfoliation. Maybe this machine will do the trick and I won't need any AHA's.

Thanks,
Jen
guest914 | New Friend | 01.13.2010 9:27 AM
I also use Nutra Sonic. Got it at Christmas. I can't believe the way it makes my skin look after cleansing. I waited a week or so and then ordered the replacement heads. Thanks goodness I got them. BTW, I didn't get the Nutra Sonic here, I shopped online and found a much better price. I watched & watched the Clarisonic and decided it was just too pricey.
SummerRain69 | Admirer 2 | 01.12.2010 3:15 AM
I bought the Clarisonic just before the holidays; pricey, I know; but I use it every day and I love it. It sure has cleared up my complexion a lot; I get a lot of compliments ~ actually I didn't think anyone would notice.
KathyJo | Admirer 3 | 01.11.2010 9:50 PM
I have the Nutra Sonic as well and love it. HSN had the brush replacement duos for a while but they're sold out as others have already said. I also think that they'll be available here, but they are available at nutraluxemd dot com.

I love the Nutra Sonic! I have had the Pretika for about a year and I can seldom use it because the brush is so harsh. I definitely would NOT be able to use it for daily cleansing, but I can use the Nutra Sonic with no problems at all. Very gentle and pleasant!
ok2 | Admirer 3 | 01.11.2010 8:56 PM
I've been using the Nutrasonic for about a week, and love it! I'm sure hsn will get the brushes back in soon. If not, I believe the Nutrasonic website offers them, and someone said they saw them on ebay, also. I'm not worried...
BBethteB | Admirer 3 | 01.11.2010 4:21 PM
Hi cbarber...Pretika is another sonic facial brush. You can read about it over at q. I've had mine for about 6 months and have yet to use the second brush it came with. I wanted the Clarisonic, but couldn't justify the price!

EDIT: I just checked the q...the unit is sold out...only brushes remain. Brushes are really good price!
cbarber | Admirer 3 | 01.11.2010 4:16 PM
I was interested in this product, too. The replacement brushes are sold out. I own a Pretika and like it very much! Lots cheaper!

What is the Pretika?
BBethteB | Admirer 3 | 01.11.2010 4:10 PM
I was interested in this product, too. The replacement brushes are sold out. I own a Pretika and like it very much! Lots cheaper!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 3
cbarber

Nutra Sonic Cleansing System

I have been on the fence for a while about the clarisonic and glad HSN has a cheaper version that is just like the clarisonic but was wondering who has tried this and where do you order the replacement brushes. Thanks for your help.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
BBethteB

RE: Nutra Sonic Cleansing System

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
cbarber

What is the Pretika?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
BBethteB

Hi cbarber...Pretika is another sonic facial brush. You can read about it over at q. I've had mine for about 6 months and have yet to use the second brush it came with. I wanted the Clarisonic, but couldn't justify the price!

EDIT: I just checked the q...the unit is sold out...only brushes remain. Brushes are really good price!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3 ok2 Admirer 3
Admirer 3
ok2

I've been using the Nutrasonic for about a week, and love it! I'm sure hsn will get the brushes back in soon. If not, I believe the Nutrasonic website offers them, and someone said they saw them on ebay, also. I'm not worried...
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
KathyJo

I have the Nutra Sonic as well and love it. HSN had the brush replacement duos for a while but they're sold out as others have already said. I also think that they'll be available here, but they are available at nutraluxemd dot com.

I love the Nutra Sonic! I have had the Pretika for about a year and I can seldom use it because the brush is so harsh. I definitely would NOT be able to use it for daily cleansing, but I can use the Nutra Sonic with no problems at all. Very gentle and pleasant!
"Katharita" on the Q's board
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
SummerRain69

Please use plain text.
New Friend
guest914

I also use Nutra Sonic. Got it at Christmas. I can't believe the way it makes my skin look after cleansing. I waited a week or so and then ordered the replacement heads. Thanks goodness I got them. BTW, I didn't get the Nutra Sonic here, I shopped online and found a much better price. I watched & watched the Clarisonic and decided it was just too pricey.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
JENICO

Hi,

I just bought this. I'm wondering if I should have bought the 2-year protection plan? I'm hoping that a manufacturer warranty covers a few months or something? Would hate to pass my 30 day return period to find it stops working in 45 days.

Anyway, I use Alpha Hydroxy 10% oil-free gel, daily. Is anybody using a AHA or BHA while using this or the Clairisonic with success? I don't want to overdo exfoliation. Maybe this machine will do the trick and I won't need any AHA's.

Thanks,
Jen
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
KathyJo

"Katharita" on the Q's board
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
16 Replies
01.11.2010 3:44 PM
0 Smiles
10 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...