Admirer 2
DAISY1690

HELP FOR MATURE SKIN MAKEUP

:-k NEED SOME HELP DECIDING. I AM 67 - 68 IN A COUPLE MONTHS. FINE LINES AND LIGHT WRINKLES. SOME LOSS OF ELASTICITY IN SKIN. NEED NEW FOUNDATION. I AM CONFUSED ON WHICH ONE WOULD BE THE BEST FOR MATURE SKIN. IS MINERAL MAKEUP THE BEST. THOUGHT IT WOULD FALL INTO FINE LINES AND MAKE SKIN LOOK OLDER - LIQUID- BUT WHICH ONE - CREME NOT SURE. I AM USING A LIQUID STORE BRAND BUT ALMOST OUT AND FEEL I COULD DO BETTER. I AM FAIR COMPLETION. SO MANY OUT THERE. THANK YOU FOR ANY ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE ME
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
cyclist

RE: HELP FOR MATURE SKIN MAKEUP

SSC's Mineral make up is the best mineral make-up I have ever used. I am 55 and have hated all other mineral make-up. The SSC does not settle into lines or make you look older.

I use MAsam's skin care and love it. For daytime, I use American Beauty's Ultimate Diamond cream and foundation. For now, it is the best I have found to not make me look older, which make-up can do. The foundation has sunscreen.

Alot of people like the Perfect Teint from MAsam, but I do not, plus it does not have a sunscreen.

Best I have found from HSN it SSC's mineral make-up or their firming liquid make-up. It is very good! HTH
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
WILDAPPLE

I have used many foundations in my day, but I always come back to Merle Norman. It's not your grandmother's makeup anymore. They have really updated their makeups and skin care to compete with the best IMHO. I personally use the Lasting foundation, but for your skin, daisy, I would recommend the Flawless Effect. It is moisturizing and makes your skin look smooth. If you go to a store they will do a free makeover on you and right then and there you can try it and decide if it's for you. Their skin care is great, too. I have recently gone back to it for three reasons. 1. It is convenient with a store just a couple of blocks from my house and 2. I have been surprised at how updated their products are with good ingredients. 3. Prices aren't bad, either. Good luck with your search.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
chickenlady1

Although I'm not in my 60's, I do have the smile lines, and a few minimal ones around the eyes. I never have good results with ANY powder foundations. I tried bella Rose, Halo, B.E. to name a few.
One I really like is Clinique supermoisture make up teint hydration maxium. It's in a tube.
I have combo skin, and was afraid this would be too much, but it is beautiful. Gives skin a nice natural luminess look, and never gets oily. Alittle goes a long way, so less is better. I then top it off with a loose powder from The Body Shop (not the mineral powder) That's the best powder I have ever used, also a nice finish, and does not accentuate my large pores. HTHo:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3 ok2 Admirer 3
Admirer 3
ok2

:-k NEED SOME HELP DECIDING. I AM 67 - 68 IN A COUPLE MONTHS. FINE LINES AND LIGHT WRINKLES. SOME LOSS OF ELASTICITY IN SKIN. NEED NEW FOUNDATION. I AM CONFUSED ON WHICH ONE WOULD BE THE BEST FOR MATURE SKIN. IS MINERAL MAKEUP THE BEST. THOUGHT IT WOULD FALL INTO FINE LINES AND MAKE SKIN LOOK OLDER - LIQUID- BUT WHICH ONE - CREME NOT SURE. I AM USING A LIQUID STORE BRAND BUT ALMOST OUT AND FEEL I COULD DO BETTER. I AM FAIR COMPLETION. SO MANY OUT THERE. THANK YOU FOR ANY ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE ME

Daisy, I had to give up on mineral makeup in my early 50's, as it was starting to make my skin look more dry, and older! I now use Chanel Vitalumiere liquid, Chanel Teint Innocence Cream compact, and in the warm weather, Laura Geller Balance n Brighten powder foundation.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
CARLATX

I like Lauren Hutton's aqua elements. Her website usually has better deals that hsn.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
DAISY1690

To all of you who took the time to answer me - may I say Thank You. I certainly will investigate all the new ideas - they sound great. I love that we are all able to advise and help each other.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Priceless15

I'm 57 and "always go back" to Estee Lauder's Double Wear stay-in-Place makeup. LOVE IT!
Believe
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
MIKESWIFE

I use M asam magic finish I love the way my skin looks with this. My skin looks flawless and no pores.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
kimd24

Daisy1690 I had the same problem with the mineral makeup settling in fine lines. Lauren Hutton's makeup does not settle in fine lines and It does't make you look older. I hate when some makeup makes you look older than you really are. I hope you give Lauren Huttons a try, you can put on alot and still doesn't get in those lines and wrinkles. Good Luck!
Kimi
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.