DAISY1690 | Admirer 2 | 02.19.2010 2:17 PM
:-k NEED SOME HELP DECIDING. I AM 67 - 68 IN A COUPLE MONTHS. FINE LINES AND LIGHT WRINKLES. SOME LOSS OF ELASTICITY IN SKIN. NEED NEW FOUNDATION. I AM CONFUSED ON WHICH ONE WOULD BE THE BEST FOR MATURE SKIN. IS MINERAL MAKEUP THE BEST. THOUGHT IT WOULD FALL INTO FINE LINES AND MAKE SKIN LOOK OLDER - LIQUID- BUT WHICH ONE - CREME NOT SURE. I AM USING A LIQUID STORE BRAND BUT ALMOST OUT AND FEEL I COULD DO BETTER. I AM FAIR COMPLETION. SO MANY OUT THERE. THANK YOU FOR ANY ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE ME
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
candron | Admirer 3 | 03.01.2010 1:35 AM
Makeup looks different on everyone I think depending on their skin type and discolorations, etc.

I tried every mineral makeup out there but even with a good primer they all did not give good coverage and settled into my lines. I just looked older using them.

I've tried alot of makeup from drugstore to high end. If you don't mind spending alot of $$, Estee Lauder makeups are wonderful...you just have to try them to find what looks best on your skin type.

However, I'm cutting back on my costs on everything and I've always loved Signature Club A Jet Tech Butter makeup.

I apply my skin treatments/moisturizers and then use the SCA lilac primer apply sparingly and it dries to a soft but matte finish. Then I use the "fair" in the Jet Tech in the winter and the "medium" in the summer. All the powders are wonderful for a finished look and they do not settle into lines. The bronzers are nice also. Just remember to apply with a light hand or damp sponge. Gives great coverage and a moist look.

Good luck trying things!
gracedujour | Admirer 2 | 02.28.2010 6:15 PM
I'm fair too I have problems with foundation making me look whiter!
I got this in a kit & the light color match was perfect.I have broken capillaries which covers beautifully.It does smell like roses at first but dissipates later.

single ship HSN Price: $26.50
Serious Skin Care ProFirm Full Firming Foundation Features:

* Temporary line smoothing and lifting makeup with medium to full coverage
* Beauty foundation helps leave your complexion looking flawless, temporarily tightened and smooth
* Instantly, skin looks better - lifted, radiant
JAG70 | Admirer 3 | 02.27.2010 11:45 PM
Lately i have been using a couple of different ones.

They are both by maybelline. Dream matte mouse,and mineral power.

Have dry skin,but use serums,and moisturizer before applying.

Not heavy on the face,but good coverage.

Did use some of SCA's but some feel too heavy,and shades not good for me.

I do have fair skin to add.

Am over 70,and have tried many but these two are now my favorites.

Jag=;
NORASCOTT | Admirer | 02.27.2010 12:13 PM
DAISY1690 I am 70 have very sensitive fair skin. I have tried them all!
I am allergic to chemical sunscreen so therefore have to use mineral makeup. I have used them all & go from one to the other according to my mood. They all settle in your fine lines unless you use a misted brush to apply. But, the best I have found is Illuminare cosmetics www.illuminarecosmetics.com which is a liquid & better used with their tools,but you can use a taklon brush with the samples. They have been on HSN, but are not any longer. They have samples to try which seem very small, but you need such a small amount to completely cover your face. They will last forever as any mineral will do. They are having a sale right now."Save 10% off any purchase of Illuminaré with FREE shipping (USA/Retail Only) during our special. (enter "2-14Save" discount code during checkout) Specials are Good through Sunday 2-28-2010, midnight."
=!s>norascott
marilynv | Admirer 3 | 02.27.2010 8:32 AM
Lately I have been using the ERA airbrush makeup in the spray. I do not spray it on my face as it is just too messing and sticks in my hair (even when I have it pulled back) so I spray it on the puff that comes with it and dab it all over. It has a nice finish, is very thin yet has good coverage, and does not settle in fine lines. I use extra dabs of it on areas that need it and set with powder and it looks great. The key is finding the right color. If you have pink tones use the colors that start with R. I am super fair and use R2 but got an R4 for the summer so I will have one ready.
cyclist | Admirer 3 | 02.26.2010 8:41 PM
I use M asam magic finish I love the way my skin looks with this. My skin looks flawless and no pores.

You are getting great suggestions. This recommendation to try MAsams Magic Finish and their Perfect Teint might work well. The perfect teint is a primer that helps hide lines and the magic finish is natural looking. Good combination.
kimd24 | Admirer 3 | 02.26.2010 4:19 PM
Daisy1690 I had the same problem with the mineral makeup settling in fine lines. Lauren Hutton's makeup does not settle in fine lines and It does't make you look older. I hate when some makeup makes you look older than you really are. I hope you give Lauren Huttons a try, you can put on alot and still doesn't get in those lines and wrinkles. Good Luck!
MIKESWIFE | Admirer 2 | 02.23.2010 1:06 PM
I use M asam magic finish I love the way my skin looks with this. My skin looks flawless and no pores.
Priceless15 | Admirer 2 | 02.23.2010 1:02 PM
I'm 57 and "always go back" to Estee Lauder's Double Wear stay-in-Place makeup. LOVE IT!
DAISY1690 | Admirer 2 | 02.22.2010 7:01 PM
To all of you who took the time to answer me - may I say Thank You. I certainly will investigate all the new ideas - they sound great. I love that we are all able to advise and help each other.
CARLATX | New Friend | 02.22.2010 6:42 PM
I like Lauren Hutton's aqua elements. Her website usually has better deals that hsn.
ok2 | Admirer 3 | 02.22.2010 9:18 AM
:-k NEED SOME HELP DECIDING. I AM 67 - 68 IN A COUPLE MONTHS. FINE LINES AND LIGHT WRINKLES. SOME LOSS OF ELASTICITY IN SKIN. NEED NEW FOUNDATION. I AM CONFUSED ON WHICH ONE WOULD BE THE BEST FOR MATURE SKIN. IS MINERAL MAKEUP THE BEST. THOUGHT IT WOULD FALL INTO FINE LINES AND MAKE SKIN LOOK OLDER - LIQUID- BUT WHICH ONE - CREME NOT SURE. I AM USING A LIQUID STORE BRAND BUT ALMOST OUT AND FEEL I COULD DO BETTER. I AM FAIR COMPLETION. SO MANY OUT THERE. THANK YOU FOR ANY ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE ME

Daisy, I had to give up on mineral makeup in my early 50's, as it was starting to make my skin look more dry, and older! I now use Chanel Vitalumiere liquid, Chanel Teint Innocence Cream compact, and in the warm weather, Laura Geller Balance n Brighten powder foundation.
chickenlady1 | Inspirer 1 | 02.21.2010 12:20 PM
Although I'm not in my 60's, I do have the smile lines, and a few minimal ones around the eyes. I never have good results with ANY powder foundations. I tried bella Rose, Halo, B.E. to name a few.
One I really like is Clinique supermoisture make up teint hydration maxium. It's in a tube.
I have combo skin, and was afraid this would be too much, but it is beautiful. Gives skin a nice natural luminess look, and never gets oily. Alittle goes a long way, so less is better. I then top it off with a loose powder from The Body Shop (not the mineral powder) That's the best powder I have ever used, also a nice finish, and does not accentuate my large pores. HTHo:smileyhappy:
WILDAPPLE | Inspirer 2 | 02.21.2010 12:08 PM
I have used many foundations in my day, but I always come back to Merle Norman. It's not your grandmother's makeup anymore. They have really updated their makeups and skin care to compete with the best IMHO. I personally use the Lasting foundation, but for your skin, daisy, I would recommend the Flawless Effect. It is moisturizing and makes your skin look smooth. If you go to a store they will do a free makeover on you and right then and there you can try it and decide if it's for you. Their skin care is great, too. I have recently gone back to it for three reasons. 1. It is convenient with a store just a couple of blocks from my house and 2. I have been surprised at how updated their products are with good ingredients. 3. Prices aren't bad, either. Good luck with your search.
cyclist | Admirer 3 | 02.19.2010 5:06 PM
SSC's Mineral make up is the best mineral make-up I have ever used. I am 55 and have hated all other mineral make-up. The SSC does not settle into lines or make you look older.

I use MAsam's skin care and love it. For daytime, I use American Beauty's Ultimate Diamond cream and foundation. For now, it is the best I have found to not make me look older, which make-up can do. The foundation has sunscreen.

Alot of people like the Perfect Teint from MAsam, but I do not, plus it does not have a sunscreen.

Best I have found from HSN it SSC's mineral make-up or their firming liquid make-up. It is very good! HTH
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 2
DAISY1690

HELP FOR MATURE SKIN MAKEUP

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
cyclist

RE: HELP FOR MATURE SKIN MAKEUP

SSC's Mineral make up is the best mineral make-up I have ever used. I am 55 and have hated all other mineral make-up. The SSC does not settle into lines or make you look older.

I use MAsam's skin care and love it. For daytime, I use American Beauty's Ultimate Diamond cream and foundation. For now, it is the best I have found to not make me look older, which make-up can do. The foundation has sunscreen.

Alot of people like the Perfect Teint from MAsam, but I do not, plus it does not have a sunscreen.

Best I have found from HSN it SSC's mineral make-up or their firming liquid make-up. It is very good! HTH
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
WILDAPPLE

I have used many foundations in my day, but I always come back to Merle Norman. It's not your grandmother's makeup anymore. They have really updated their makeups and skin care to compete with the best IMHO. I personally use the Lasting foundation, but for your skin, daisy, I would recommend the Flawless Effect. It is moisturizing and makes your skin look smooth. If you go to a store they will do a free makeover on you and right then and there you can try it and decide if it's for you. Their skin care is great, too. I have recently gone back to it for three reasons. 1. It is convenient with a store just a couple of blocks from my house and 2. I have been surprised at how updated their products are with good ingredients. 3. Prices aren't bad, either. Good luck with your search.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
chickenlady1

Although I'm not in my 60's, I do have the smile lines, and a few minimal ones around the eyes. I never have good results with ANY powder foundations. I tried bella Rose, Halo, B.E. to name a few.
One I really like is Clinique supermoisture make up teint hydration maxium. It's in a tube.
I have combo skin, and was afraid this would be too much, but it is beautiful. Gives skin a nice natural luminess look, and never gets oily. Alittle goes a long way, so less is better. I then top it off with a loose powder from The Body Shop (not the mineral powder) That's the best powder I have ever used, also a nice finish, and does not accentuate my large pores. HTHo:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3 ok2 Admirer 3
Admirer 3
ok2

Daisy, I had to give up on mineral makeup in my early 50's, as it was starting to make my skin look more dry, and older! I now use Chanel Vitalumiere liquid, Chanel Teint Innocence Cream compact, and in the warm weather, Laura Geller Balance n Brighten powder foundation.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
CARLATX

I like Lauren Hutton's aqua elements. Her website usually has better deals that hsn.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
DAISY1690

To all of you who took the time to answer me - may I say Thank You. I certainly will investigate all the new ideas - they sound great. I love that we are all able to advise and help each other.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Priceless15

I'm 57 and "always go back" to Estee Lauder's Double Wear stay-in-Place makeup. LOVE IT!
Believe
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
MIKESWIFE

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
kimd24

Daisy1690 I had the same problem with the mineral makeup settling in fine lines. Lauren Hutton's makeup does not settle in fine lines and It does't make you look older. I hate when some makeup makes you look older than you really are. I hope you give Lauren Huttons a try, you can put on alot and still doesn't get in those lines and wrinkles. Good Luck!
Kimi
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
15 Replies
02.19.2010 2:17 PM
0 Smiles
14 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...