MeadowLark | Admirer | 03.08.2009 2:17 PM
I'm 60 and starting to get the tiny wrinkles around my mouth and eyes. I've noticed every single foundation (whether it's liquid, cream, cream-to-powder or mineral) that I've tried recently gets down inside each wrinkle to make my face look older than it is. My skin looks less wrinkled without makeup than it does with makeup. I used the CG Aqua (whatever it's called) cream for several years - love the coverage and how it lasts all day, but because it sank into my wrinkles, I decided to try some other brands in recent months. They all make me look bad.

Help!!

Do you have any suggestions for makeups I can try? Are there foundations out there that do not accentuate tiny wrinkles?

I appreciate your help, thank you!

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
platinumrose | Admirer 3 | 03.14.2009 2:00 PM
The older I get I am into simplify. Right now I am using Laura Mercier Primer. Then on the Pores of my nose, I love Clinique Pore Minimizer (love this product!) I use MAC studio Fix foundation (powder) and that is it. Lovely finish and I am done.
Metra | Admirer 2 | 03.14.2009 1:54 PM
Well I guess I'm the exception because I don't use a primer and I really like Maybeline Dream Liquid Mousse. I have it in Classie Ivory, I have dark hair but I'm very fair. I also have very dry skin and I've tried so many until I found this one.
NUSH | Inspirer 1 | 03.14.2009 3:16 AM
Why don't you just use a moisturizer tint with spf like neutrogena. And maybe use a flat brush to apply liquid foundation only where you need it. Less is more.

I found Shiseido recently. They have an over 50 line with a real good toner and moisturizer with spf. And their cleanser is moisturizing and gently exfoliating.
POOKIE2 | Admirer 3 | 03.14.2009 2:35 AM
Ice Elements has a really nice skin primer,,and a little goes a long way. It really does help to fill and comoflage those "annoying lines". I would recommend that after you apply your moisturizer,,let it soak into your skin,,the lightly tap into the small lines on your face and eye area,,the Ice Element primer,,,let that set for a few minutes ,,and apply your favorite foundation,,such as CG ,,or whatever. Hope this helps you out.
Priceless15 | Admirer 2 | 03.14.2009 2:28 AM
This must be a common problem for those of us above 50 years old. Just today I was looking at drug store products and didn't purchase any. Has anyone tried the new Maybelline air brush fiish foundation?
CAV59 | Admirer | 03.13.2009 11:57 PM
I gave found brand name erno laszlo has great foundation and does not get into wrinkles. Looks like you are not wearing makeup. I would not use any other foundation.
PEG53 | Admirer 3 | 03.10.2009 12:26 PM
I'm 60 and starting to get the tiny wrinkles around my mouth and eyes. I've noticed every single foundation (whether it's liquid, cream, cream-to-powder or mineral) that I've tried recently gets down inside each wrinkle to make my face look older than it is. My skin looks less wrinkled without makeup than it does with makeup. I used the CG Aqua (whatever it's called) cream for several years - love the coverage and how it lasts all day, but because it sank into my wrinkles, I decided to try some other brands in recent months. They all make me look bad.

Help!!

Do you have any suggestions for makeups I can try? Are there foundations out there that do not accentuate tiny wrinkles?

I am 62 and have the same problem. Every time I use one of these anti aging makeups, they never look right on me. They fade so quickly.

You have to use a primer, though, no matter what kind of makeup you use. Maybe you need one with a bit more moisturizing to it. You might want to try the Sally Hansen natural beauty luminizing face primer. It does not make the foundation shiner! That one is great when you feel a bit dry.

Also the one from Your Best Friend has more moisturizer or slip to it.
I also have the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch found on HSN.
I have several primers that I use.

But I do find that after using a serum, moisturizer (I use Principal Secret's both the Advance and Reclaim lines; unfortunately Wei East's products accentuated my problems -- redness and discoloration on the cheeks and I had to stop) then a primer and I use Bare Esentuals bisque as a cover up and then their foundation. I found that that is the best coverage for my skin. I am fair with pink undertones or redness; pretty normal skin in the summer and a bit drier in the winter months in the northeast.

If you need more help, please don't hesitate to ask, as we are about the same age.
candron | Admirer 3 | 03.10.2009 4:13 AM
I like MAsam's Perfect Teint as a primer...it goes on a little moist but dries to a nice consistency and actually has some minor coverage with it. I pat the product into lines over a moisturizer.
Barb61 | Admirer 3 | 03.09.2009 4:56 PM
ybf has a nice primer too... I use it on my almost 50 skin and my daughter (who is 20) loves it too!
marilynv | Admirer 3 | 03.09.2009 4:25 PM
I feel like you do about primers....makes my face greasy and the makeup doesn't always seem to stay on them...also makes my mascar runny when it never did before. I need something to help the little lines under the eyes. What works for me now is the M. Asam Perfect Teint....dab it on top of makeup and it makes every little line go away. You just need the tiniest amount. It is a quick fix that really seems to work for me.
cheykathy | Admirer 2 | 03.09.2009 3:43 PM
Hi Meadowlark, I wanted to put in my 2cents as a 53 year old with somewhat dry skin. I recently started using Serious Skin Care's Hydrapixel as a primer under the M.Asam's Vinolift Magic Finish makeup. I use a brush with the Magic Finish. I do not get the makeup going into the lines as I use to with other makeups. So far I really like this and both are very light on your skin. It might be worth a try for you. I also tried Laura Geller's spackle and I didn't really like it - it seemed too heavy. So there you go - just what's working for me.
MeadowLark | Admirer | 03.09.2009 2:29 PM
Thanks for all your responses! I've tried the LG Spackle - it made my oily skin greasy - as did a couple other primers I used. So, I'm not a big fan of primers - sorry.

I've always used a damp sponge to apply any makeup -- it sure makes it smoooother.

If I ever find the perfect foundation, I'll let you all know!
ok2 | Admirer 3 | 03.08.2009 10:39 PM
My favorite is Chanel Teint Innocence Cream compact. I use a moisturizer, then a primer, and apply the foundation using a damp, Beauty Blender sponge.

You can try using a damp sponge with any foundation. Makes a huge difference!
TNTuxedo | Admirer 2 | 03.08.2009 9:17 PM
I like the Estee Lauder Country Mist line...my 90 year old mother-in-law told me about it when I commented on how well her skin looked. I also like the SCA 8 butters.
candron | Admirer 3 | 03.08.2009 4:37 PM
My favorite is SCA Jet Tech butters makeup...I like to use the hyacinth primer prior to application on some days...depends on how dry I am. I apply this makeup with a makeup brush.

Also, I've tried both the Vit. C makeup and the hyaluronic makeup and I like them also except they don't quite give the coverage I need.

For a drugstore brand I really like L'Oreal Age Defying makeup for mature skin. It comes in a jar with a brush.

If I couldn't get SCA butters makeup, I would be using this L'Oreal.

Good luck!
leni1020 | Admirer 3 | 03.08.2009 4:35 PM
Stick with the Cover Girl you like, but definitely, add a primer first. It makes all the difference. HTH, Leni
Grammi2four | Admirer 3 | 03.08.2009 2:33 PM
This is a very good question.. I like to get opinions as well.

Like you, I've tried several and what I'm using and liking right now is Bobbie Brown stick foundation. It's pricey but it's the best I've found thus far... I'm forever on the hunt....

I also liked Laura Geller's stick foundation but I can never find it anymore in my shade.
I can't wear any mineral or powder foundation at all... Not pretty!!!

Hopefully you'll get some foundation experts out there to chime in here.
sylviai | Admirer 2 | 03.08.2009 2:29 PM
MeadowLark- try using a "primer" under the foundation. Laura Geller on QVC has "spackle" and Philosophy or Bare Essentials also has one.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer
MeadowLark

Foundation for Older Skin, Please

Help!!

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
sylviai

RE: Foundation for Older Skin, Please

MeadowLark- try using a "primer" under the foundation. Laura Geller on QVC has "spackle" and Philosophy or Bare Essentials also has one.
Peace!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Grammi2four

This is a very good question.. I like to get opinions as well.

Like you, I've tried several and what I'm using and liking right now is Bobbie Brown stick foundation. It's pricey but it's the best I've found thus far... I'm forever on the hunt....

I also liked Laura Geller's stick foundation but I can never find it anymore in my shade.
I can't wear any mineral or powder foundation at all... Not pretty!!!

Hopefully you'll get some foundation experts out there to chime in here.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
leni1020

Stick with the Cover Girl you like, but definitely, add a primer first. It makes all the difference. HTH, Leni
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
candron

My favorite is SCA Jet Tech butters makeup...I like to use the hyacinth primer prior to application on some days...depends on how dry I am. I apply this makeup with a makeup brush.

Also, I've tried both the Vit. C makeup and the hyaluronic makeup and I like them also except they don't quite give the coverage I need.

For a drugstore brand I really like L'Oreal Age Defying makeup for mature skin. It comes in a jar with a brush.

If I couldn't get SCA butters makeup, I would be using this L'Oreal.

Good luck!
60 years old, very dry skin, medium complexion with light freckles and two sunspots. Also, some small broken veins due to sun damage and mild rosacea. Medium crow's feet wrinkles, forehead wrinkles and mild lip line wrinkles.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." Ghandi

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
TNTuxedo

I like the Estee Lauder Country Mist line...my 90 year old mother-in-law told me about it when I commented on how well her skin looked. I also like the SCA 8 butters.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3 ok2 Admirer 3
Admirer 3
ok2

My favorite is Chanel Teint Innocence Cream compact. I use a moisturizer, then a primer, and apply the foundation using a damp, Beauty Blender sponge.

You can try using a damp sponge with any foundation. Makes a huge difference!
Please use plain text.
Admirer
MeadowLark

Thanks for all your responses! I've tried the LG Spackle - it made my oily skin greasy - as did a couple other primers I used. So, I'm not a big fan of primers - sorry.

I've always used a damp sponge to apply any makeup -- it sure makes it smoooother.

If I ever find the perfect foundation, I'll let you all know!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
cheykathy

Hi Meadowlark, I wanted to put in my 2cents as a 53 year old with somewhat dry skin. I recently started using Serious Skin Care's Hydrapixel as a primer under the M.Asam's Vinolift Magic Finish makeup. I use a brush with the Magic Finish. I do not get the makeup going into the lines as I use to with other makeups. So far I really like this and both are very light on your skin. It might be worth a try for you. I also tried Laura Geller's spackle and I didn't really like it - it seemed too heavy. So there you go - just what's working for me.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
marilynv

I feel like you do about primers....makes my face greasy and the makeup doesn't always seem to stay on them...also makes my mascar runny when it never did before. I need something to help the little lines under the eyes. What works for me now is the M. Asam Perfect Teint....dab it on top of makeup and it makes every little line go away. You just need the tiniest amount. It is a quick fix that really seems to work for me.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
18 Replies
03.08.2009 2:17 PM
0 Smiles
17 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...