caringnurse | Admirer | 07.16.2009 1:37 PM
#-o I am looking to purchase either a clarisonic system or the Susan Lucci skin care system and wondering if I can get some feedback on these items from those of you who have experienced them. Your opinions on both would be greatly appreciated. In a pickle about which to buy.
Thank you
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
sylviai | Admirer 2 | 07.19.2009 1:14 PM
The Susan Lucci one both cleanses and exfoliates - I have a brush attachment to take off my makeup and a pad to exfoliate. She also sells pads to do your body which I have used on my arms and hands to exfoliate before I put on my hand creams.

To take off my makeup I use Purpose cleanser and the brush attachment and exfoliate with the Susan Lucci crystals or with Dr. Brandt exfoliate cream.

I believe that this machine has more options than the Clarisonic and Susan has had the same machine for years - Clarisonic came out with a new an improved one because of some faults in the original (you can read about it on the Q boards).

Good Luck on your investigation.

chickenlady1 | Inspirer 2 | 07.19.2009 12:14 PM
I agree to do a pre-wash first, then use whatever face machine you decide.
You can use ANY cleanser with the Susan, exfoiliating cream is only for once or twice a week. They both said you control the pressure applied. Some days, I only want light pressure. Susan sends a booklet with instructions, and reccomends taking a day off to let the skin rest.
2manybobbles | Admirer 2 | 07.18.2009 2:53 AM
I bought 2 of them and they both have stopped working even with new batteries. )o=
2manybobbles | Admirer 2 | 07.18.2009 2:52 AM
I bought 2 of them and they both have stopped working even with new batteries. )o=
MyLuckyStar | Admirer 3 | 07.16.2009 7:09 PM
Hello ~

I have both and love them both!!

As one poster stated, the Clarisonic uses a brush to really deep clean your skin (not exfoliate). The Susan Lucci Microderm abrasion kit is an exfoliator system with gentle crystals in the cream (not a deep clean necessarily) to remove the top layer of dead skin. Not sure on the verbage though. :-k :-s

If your finances allow, get them both. I personally use the Clarisonic once a day and exfoliate 2-3 times a week with Susan Lucci's dermabrasion system after I wash my face with a gentle cleanser such as SSC Glycolic cleanser (no Clarisonic use on dermabrasion days - nothing scientific on the reasoning though. My skin is just sensitive and I don't want to overdo it). :d/

Good Luck,
;-);
MEL | Admirer 2 | 07.16.2009 6:37 PM
I don't think I would use susan lucci's machine on my face until AFTER I removed my makeup...otherwise it seems like it would just be grinding it around in your face..right?
chickenlady1 | Inspirer 2 | 07.16.2009 6:28 PM
I have the Susan Lucci, I thinks it's fine to get a better more thorough cleansing. My pores are still large, but not as clogged. If you have oily skin, the oil comes from within, and nothing really gets down that deep to get it out. My daughter has the clarisonic, and she also has large pores, and oily skin. She said the results are NO better than Susan's. So, I would save $200.00 if I were you!
platinumrose | Admirer 2 | 07.16.2009 2:17 PM
Sorry I can't compare but I love my Clarisonic for cleansing. Exfoliating, I use other products. Good luck in your decision.
MEL | Admirer 2 | 07.16.2009 2:10 PM
I would suggest both because they do two different things. One is cleansing and the other (susan) is exfoliating. I have both.
sylviai | Admirer 2 | 07.16.2009 1:57 PM
I have the Susan Lucci one and have had it for over 2 years now, even purchased one for my daughter. It has considerably shrunk my pores and does provide excellent was to have a mini facial.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer
caringnurse

Clarisonic versus Susan Lucci

#-o I am looking to purchase either a clarisonic system or the Susan Lucci skin care system and wondering if I can get some feedback on these items from those of you who have experienced them. Your opinions on both would be greatly appreciated. In a pickle about which to buy.
Thank you
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
sylviai

RE: Clarisonic versus Susan Lucci

I have the Susan Lucci one and have had it for over 2 years now, even purchased one for my daughter. It has considerably shrunk my pores and does provide excellent was to have a mini facial.
Peace!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2 MEL Admirer 2
Admirer 2
MEL

I would suggest both because they do two different things. One is cleansing and the other (susan) is exfoliating. I have both.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
platinumrose

Sorry I can't compare but I love my Clarisonic for cleansing. Exfoliating, I use other products. Good luck in your decision.
~~~Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching~~~
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
chickenlady1

I have the Susan Lucci, I thinks it's fine to get a better more thorough cleansing. My pores are still large, but not as clogged. If you have oily skin, the oil comes from within, and nothing really gets down that deep to get it out. My daughter has the clarisonic, and she also has large pores, and oily skin. She said the results are NO better than Susan's. So, I would save $200.00 if I were you!
Dazlin
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2 MEL Admirer 2
Admirer 2
MEL

I don't think I would use susan lucci's machine on my face until AFTER I removed my makeup...otherwise it seems like it would just be grinding it around in your face..right?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
MyLuckyStar

Hello ~

I have both and love them both!!

As one poster stated, the Clarisonic uses a brush to really deep clean your skin (not exfoliate). The Susan Lucci Microderm abrasion kit is an exfoliator system with gentle crystals in the cream (not a deep clean necessarily) to remove the top layer of dead skin. Not sure on the verbage though. :-k :-s

If your finances allow, get them both. I personally use the Clarisonic once a day and exfoliate 2-3 times a week with Susan Lucci's dermabrasion system after I wash my face with a gentle cleanser such as SSC Glycolic cleanser (no Clarisonic use on dermabrasion days - nothing scientific on the reasoning though. My skin is just sensitive and I don't want to overdo it). :d/

Good Luck,
;-);
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
2manybobbles

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
2manybobbles

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
chickenlady1

I agree to do a pre-wash first, then use whatever face machine you decide.
You can use ANY cleanser with the Susan, exfoiliating cream is only for once or twice a week. They both said you control the pressure applied. Some days, I only want light pressure. Susan sends a booklet with instructions, and reccomends taking a day off to let the skin rest.
Dazlin
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
10 Replies
07.16.2009 1:37 PM
0 Smiles
7 in Conversation

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...