marymack7 | New Friend | 05.08.2009 11:01 PM
Adrienne Arpel from Sigature A is a nightmare this week. Her voice makes me turn the channel. Dont have any experience with her products though; has anyone tried her products?
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
massha | Maven 1 | 09.28.2014 7:05 PM 1 Person Smiled

I use them quite a lot. My favorite is the vitamin C line; makes face younger in seconds. Effect is temporary of course, but amazing. I also like her argan oil line and seriously ga-ga over the gold-filled capsules.

What I can no longer do without are her meltdowns. This is an essential part of my routine on days I wear makeup (workdays + some weekends). If one day there are no more SCA meltdowns, *I* will melt down. I only wish they had an autoship where you get a different variety every time. My absolute fav was the vanilla 5-pack from a Christmas or two ago. Right now, I finished my argan oil jar and am on my lemon jar. Love every single one.

I really ilike the orange exfoliating face wash for mature skin, too. there are other products in that category that are as good, and this one I like too.

I am not crazy about the shampoo. Somehow it takes me two washes to even begin feeling like my hair is being washed. It is very mild, maybe for somebody else it's actually a plus.

massha | Maven 1 | 09.28.2014 7:06 PM 1 Person Smiled

I actually like listening to her too. She sounds like she knows a thing or two about what she is talking about, you know.

BEAUTYBOY | Admirer 3 | 09.28.2014 6:41 PM

berean---I agree 100%----GOTTA LOVE ADRIENNE...I love her line and have for many years

BEAUTYBOY | Admirer 3 | 09.28.2014 6:39 PM

Yes used them before she was on HSN---Could not be happier. I say try a kit you feel is for you,and if you do not like return. Adrienne keeps up with every corner of her empire.

It is Adrienne's face she lives with and her right to look however she wishes. Also Ms.Arpel knows that the result of any procedure to lift or plump is only as good as the basic skincare.

She is actualy a role modle in how if you use skincare it advances and enhances any face work one may desire.

Raginbutterfly | Admirer 2 | 05.14.2009 6:33 PM
I love the C products and a nightmare?? Not hardly. [-x
KarenaJeannette | Admirer 3 | 05.14.2009 5:58 PM
HSN also uses very heavy filters on their cameras, so everyone looks two decades younger! Every now and then the filters go off for about a 30 seconds and then come back on. The hosts look totally different; it's really scary. Remember when Janice D. told Colleen that Colleen looks much better on TV than she does in person? Then Colleen says, "Thanks, I think." Anyway, I have seen the filters go off during both Lauren Hutton and Adrien Arpel shows. In actuality, they look much, much older and wrinkled from how they look on camera when the filters are on. It's all smoke and mirrors to make the skin look smooth and even. Also, Adrien had lots of plastic surgery when procedures were still relatively new (just like Joan Rivers). Procedures have come a long way since then. She's had a lot more than just fillers, though. She just keeps getting more and more done, so of course, it's going to create a very distorted facial look. I still like watching her. It's high comedy.
W007 | Admirer 3 | 05.14.2009 5:07 PM
I love the melt downs, because it cleans off all the makeup, yet leaves my skin moisturized, not dried out. does't burn the eyes. I've had dry skin lately, long hard winter, and have been out of the melt down for a wile. I got a new melt down yesterday in the TS I ordered, and I am so pleased, my dry patches are much improved already. I've been a long time user of SCA and have been very pleased over the years. Adrinne is awesome..
Amity99 | Admirer 2 | 05.14.2009 2:20 PM
I, too, think Adrienne is an attractive woman with beautiful skin. I like the demos and discussions, as I can get an idea if a product is worth trying. I have come back again to using the SPF 25 8 Butters Creamery Makeup & Blend-In Concealer after trying a number of other brands. Yes, using sparingly is the key. A light dusting of the Hyaluronic 1000 Wrinkle Filling Powder sets everything without looking cakey. I use blotting papers if I start to look oily. My favorite products are the meltdowns. I probably wouldn't love these so much if I didn't use full face/eye make-up. They do take off everything and smell good. I can't resist using a toner or SSC pads to go over my face just to make sure that there is no make-up hiding in my pores.
PeacefulShopper | Admirer 2 | 05.14.2009 1:48 AM
I love the meltdowns. When I go to bed DH says "Here comes the coconut lady (or the peach lady or whatever meltdown I'm using)". I love her eyebrow makeup for my very sparse eyebrows. I use her skin care products and find them to be a good value as well as work well.
fiftiesdolls | Inspirer 1 | 05.11.2009 10:32 PM
I have nothing against Adrienne, although I don't use her products, but too much of any vendor is overkill in my opinion. HSN seems to have the same vendors on for days which is why I don't watch HSN that much. Most of my shopping is done online and it's becoming less and less.
Ruqaiyah | Admirer 2 | 05.11.2009 6:57 PM
I know adriene arpel is pretty, and a very rich women, I even tried her products and they work really well but Adriene looks like like Joan Rivers - very unnatural in my opinion. Someone mentioned Lauren Hutton, yes, she on the other hand, looks very age appropriate and have beautiful believeable skin for her age.
TOOBLONDE | Admirer 3 | 05.11.2009 6:18 PM
I like watching her, and she offers some really good products at reasonable prices. I've been using her 5 Essentials creme for more years than I can remember, and her concealers work great if used sparingly (but just throw out the brushes). I combine some of her products with the SSC and Wei East lines. She's in her middle sixties and has had some obvious things done to her face and lips, but wouldn't you want to look your best on TV when selling beauty products at her age? I do wish she'd cool it with the lip injections, though......way too much lip going on there.
bobzi | Inspirer 2 | 05.10.2009 11:07 AM 1 Person Smiled
I have a friend who has had plastic surgery (years ago), every filler and every facial procedure known to dermatologists and her skin doesn't even approach Adrienne's. She is wrinkle-less but has very large pores, roughness, and her skin definitely doesn't glow. Good skin care is the most important ingredient even when you've had work done. Adrienne wouldn't look the way she does without it.
margaritarose | Admirer 2 | 05.09.2009 8:40 PM
i like Adrienne too and her products. Her meltdowns are great (current favorites Lemon Zest and the chocolate one) its like putting chocolate pudding on your face and cleans really well. I just ordered the Todays Special, and would also like to try her mascara, it gets great reviews. Whatever shes doing to her skin, its working, at her age shes looking good. Her jewelry is pretty fabulous too. I enjoy watching her, but sometimes its a little too long.
katperson | Admirer 3 | 05.09.2009 8:11 PM
Of course she uses fillers, its obvious but her skin, it is lovely and smooth and beautiful.

Her products are good and I love the 5 + 1 cream and have used it and its variants since its inception. Its always a part of my daily routine.

I love her meltdowns but some are way too scented like the Vanilla, I can't tolerate that scent and it burns my eyes but the others are wonderful and leave my skin soft, smooth and deep cleansed.

I found that her makeup is great if applied sparingly and very sparingly at that. It goes on smoothly and covers without looking caked.
macadoodle52 | New Friend | 05.09.2009 6:23 PM
I am tired of watching these women who make millions of dollars selling their products and claim they havn't had plastic surgery.If Adriane thinks for one minute that I would believe she doesn't use fillers to PLUMP UP her skin and plastic surgery for everything going south ..she's gotta be crazy. Just admit to the things you have had done, but don't say its from using these products your selling. GET REAL !!!
Dreamsta | Admirer | 05.09.2009 1:09 PM 1 Person Smiled
I was given some of the best advice when I was barely 20 years old. A friend’s mother told me to always take care of my skin. She said that one day I would regret it if I didn’t pay attention to my daily skin regimen. She told me the most important thing that I could do was to always wash my face at night and to use a daytime moisturizer and a night crème.

Thankfully I took that advice. I have taken care of my skin and now at 45 and my skin has reaped the rewards of good skin care. I have been using Adrienne's products now for over a year and my skin has gone to the next level.

There are days where I can skip my routine if I don't have time or access to my products and my skin still looks great!

My advice is to try a few kits and see what you like. You may not love every product but you will find some great items that soon you won’t be able to live without. One time I ran out of my daytime and nighttime products and within 2 weeks my face had lost its luster. Needless to say I stocked up and haven’t let that happen again.

I was hooked after my first kit, ITEM# 295-416. My favorite products in the kit are the Rapid Transport C -Eye Care, Rapid Transport C Night Elixir and Hyaluronic Day Cream (spf 30+) and the Vitamin C Capsules (they feel like you just put liquid silk on your face). It also comes with a few more products such as a Mouse Cleanser (works great just don’t get it in or around your eyes,) and a great Black Faux bag that I use everyday.

Give it a try, the only thing you have to lose is a few wrinkles!
:d/
berean | Admirer 2 | 05.09.2009 3:41 AM
I really like Adrienne, and I enjoy her shows. I have tried the meltdowns and the Argon Oil (love those), and some of her make-up. The cream type is too heavy for me, but the powders are fine. I also love her 5 + 1 essentials cream.

And I love her New York accent!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
New Friend
marymack7

Adriene Arpel and Sigature A Products

Adrienne Arpel from Sigature A is a nightmare this week. Her voice makes me turn the channel. Dont have any experience with her products though; has anyone tried her products?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
berean

RE: Adriene Arpel and Sigature A Products

I really like Adrienne, and I enjoy her shows. I have tried the meltdowns and the Argon Oil (love those), and some of her make-up. The cream type is too heavy for me, but the powders are fine. I also love her 5 + 1 essentials cream.

And I love her New York accent!
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Dreamsta

I was given some of the best advice when I was barely 20 years old. A friend’s mother told me to always take care of my skin. She said that one day I would regret it if I didn’t pay attention to my daily skin regimen. She told me the most important thing that I could do was to always wash my face at night and to use a daytime moisturizer and a night crème.

Thankfully I took that advice. I have taken care of my skin and now at 45 and my skin has reaped the rewards of good skin care. I have been using Adrienne's products now for over a year and my skin has gone to the next level.

There are days where I can skip my routine if I don't have time or access to my products and my skin still looks great!

My advice is to try a few kits and see what you like. You may not love every product but you will find some great items that soon you won’t be able to live without. One time I ran out of my daytime and nighttime products and within 2 weeks my face had lost its luster. Needless to say I stocked up and haven’t let that happen again.

I was hooked after my first kit, ITEM# 295-416. My favorite products in the kit are the Rapid Transport C -Eye Care, Rapid Transport C Night Elixir and Hyaluronic Day Cream (spf 30+) and the Vitamin C Capsules (they feel like you just put liquid silk on your face). It also comes with a few more products such as a Mouse Cleanser (works great just don’t get it in or around your eyes,) and a great Black Faux bag that I use everyday.

Give it a try, the only thing you have to lose is a few wrinkles!
:d/
If you wish to have what you want in life you must focus on the dream!
Love & Peace
Please use plain text.
New Friend
macadoodle52

I am tired of watching these women who make millions of dollars selling their products and claim they havn't had plastic surgery.If Adriane thinks for one minute that I would believe she doesn't use fillers to PLUMP UP her skin and plastic surgery for everything going south ..she's gotta be crazy. Just admit to the things you have had done, but don't say its from using these products your selling. GET REAL !!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
katperson

Of course she uses fillers, its obvious but her skin, it is lovely and smooth and beautiful.

Her products are good and I love the 5 + 1 cream and have used it and its variants since its inception. Its always a part of my daily routine.

I love her meltdowns but some are way too scented like the Vanilla, I can't tolerate that scent and it burns my eyes but the others are wonderful and leave my skin soft, smooth and deep cleansed.

I found that her makeup is great if applied sparingly and very sparingly at that. It goes on smoothly and covers without looking caked.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
margaritarose

i like Adrienne too and her products. Her meltdowns are great (current favorites Lemon Zest and the chocolate one) its like putting chocolate pudding on your face and cleans really well. I just ordered the Todays Special, and would also like to try her mascara, it gets great reviews. Whatever shes doing to her skin, its working, at her age shes looking good. Her jewelry is pretty fabulous too. I enjoy watching her, but sometimes its a little too long.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
bobzi

I have a friend who has had plastic surgery (years ago), every filler and every facial procedure known to dermatologists and her skin doesn't even approach Adrienne's. She is wrinkle-less but has very large pores, roughness, and her skin definitely doesn't glow. Good skin care is the most important ingredient even when you've had work done. Adrienne wouldn't look the way she does without it.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
TOOBLONDE

I like watching her, and she offers some really good products at reasonable prices. I've been using her 5 Essentials creme for more years than I can remember, and her concealers work great if used sparingly (but just throw out the brushes). I combine some of her products with the SSC and Wei East lines. She's in her middle sixties and has had some obvious things done to her face and lips, but wouldn't you want to look your best on TV when selling beauty products at her age? I do wish she'd cool it with the lip injections, though......way too much lip going on there.
Laura
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Ruqaiyah

I know adriene arpel is pretty, and a very rich women, I even tried her products and they work really well but Adriene looks like like Joan Rivers - very unnatural in my opinion. Someone mentioned Lauren Hutton, yes, she on the other hand, looks very age appropriate and have beautiful believeable skin for her age.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
fiftiesdolls

I have nothing against Adrienne, although I don't use her products, but too much of any vendor is overkill in my opinion. HSN seems to have the same vendors on for days which is why I don't watch HSN that much. Most of my shopping is done online and it's becoming less and less.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
18 Replies
05.08.2009 11:01 PM
4 Smiles
17 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...